2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 07:18 PM)
I was told only Trump supporters are capable of political violence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-38...h-Carolina.html

That is really shameful.

Worth noting that Hillary has already condemned the attack. Both sides are capable of violence. Only one side has a nominee who encourages it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 09:37 PM)
The election is going to be a lot closer than some think, I see a large group of voters who have not voted in awhile voting.

Electorally it's just not going to be close at all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 07:18 PM)
I was told only Trump supporters are capable of political violence.

No one told you that. Stop it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 06:18 AM)
I think a lot of Trump voters have not been polled and are going to show up Nov 8, that is why I think it will be closer than most think.

What makes you think that? What in the methodology of the polls do you think would leave them out? I'm genuinely curious.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 08:02 AM)

What makes you think that? What in the methodology of the polls do you think would leave them out? I'm genuinely curious.

It seems to me that the Primaries saw a lot of voters who had never voted before, and that Trump pretty largely outperformed those polls during that cycle.

Trump typically underperformed his polls if anything in the primary, it was just that the pundits didn't want to believe what the polls were saying.

This is from May, but Politico did not find Trump expanding the GOP. What he drove was higher turnout in the primaries/caucuses among people who were already likely to vote Republican in November.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 10:07 AM)
Trump typically underperformed his polls if anything in the primary, it was just that the pundits didn't want to believe what the polls were saying.

This is from May, but Politico did not find Trump expanding the GOP. What he drove was higher turnout in the primaries/caucuses among people who were already likely to vote Republican in November.

Except they turned out in record numbers, so there was something there, despite the attempts of the left to discredit it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Except they turned out in record numbers, so there was something there, despite the attempts of the left to discredit it.

He drove people who typically skip the primaries but end up voting Republican in the general to show up for the primaries. He was bringing "new" voters to that stage of the race, but they aren't a new voting bloc for the general election. Polling of both the primary and the general bears this out. That's not 'discrediting' anything but explaining what happened and why it's not likely to lead to some surge of previously unlikely voters to vote Trump this November. You can add new voter registration rates by party and race to evidence against the idea that he's bringing a lot of new people into the GOP coalition.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
He drove people who typically skip the primaries but end up voting Republican in the general to show up for the primaries. He was bringing "new" voters to that stage of the race, but they aren't a new voting bloc for the general election. Polling of both the primary and the general bears this out. That's not 'discrediting' anything but explaining what happened and why it's not likely to lead to some surge of previously unlikely voters to vote Trump this November. You can add new voter registration rates by party and race to evidence against the idea that he's bringing a lot of new people into the GOP coalition.

Like it or not, Trump excited a cross section of voters who largely sat out McCain and especially Romney. The numbers are there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 08:02 AM)

I just think a lot of people just do not participate in polls especially this election and will only show up on Nov 8th.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 02:42 PM)
I just think a lot of people just do not participate in polls especially this election and will only show up on Nov 8th.

I think that every election, but in the end, the polls end up being strikingly right every time. Also, just seems to me that most Trump supporters are very into it and vocal, so I'd think they'd be more likely to answer a call about it. But who knows.

In the end, I can't see any variance from the polls being large. For every reason it seems Trump supporters are under-counted, there are reasons to think they are over-counted.

You know what's weird? Amy Schumer blasts Trump and gets booed and 200 people leave her show. Trump rallies truly are packed and Hillary's draw virtually hundreds not thousands. And yet Hillary is the runaway winner. Can you say ... rigged?

Even with all of Trump's horrible statements he still is more popular than Clinton.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/amy-schumer-dona...-151524058.html

p.s. Schumer has some fight in her. I saw another clip of her where she had a heckler booted from the arena. In Florida she was all upset and said if anybody said anything more they'd be tossed out. She reminds me of Janaene Garapolo, so edgy it ruined Janene's career.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)
Jesus.

Hillary supporters never answer me they just blame the messenger or blast me. What did I say out of line?

Have you seen Trump rallies? Or read about them? Packed. Hillary's? Downtown Kansas City was expecting to be shut down and only a few fans trickled in to hear her speech.

Crazy. Even on Soxtalk. Nobody points out anything good about her. Her supporters (almost all of Soxtalk) want her President and that's about it. They also rip and mock Trump, which of course is easy to do. But this isn't about Trump being bad. It's about Hillary and all signs point to a Presidency that will be dreadful. We already know there's no chance in hell anything's getting passed with Congress (the Repub majority) despising her. And lets see if we are safe internationally under her leadership.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
You know what's weird? Amy Schumer blasts Trump and gets booed and 200 people leave her show. Trump rallies truly are packed and Hillary's draw virtually hundreds not thousands. And yet Hillary is the runaway winner. Can you say ... rigged?

Even with all of Trump's horrible statements he still is more popular than Clinton.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/amy-schumer-dona...-151524058.html

p.s. Schumer has some fight in her. I saw another clip of her where she had a heckler booted from the arena. In Florida she was all upset and said if anybody said anything more they'd be tossed out. She reminds me of Janaene Garapolo, so edgy it ruined Janene's career.

God damn it Greg...

You keep saying you're not going to vote for Trump...but you might as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
Hillary supporters never answer me they just blame the messenger or blast me. What did I say out of line?

Have you seen Trump rallies? Or read about them? Packed. Hillary's? Downtown Kansas City was expecting to be shut down and only a few fans trickled in to hear her speech.

Crazy. Even on Soxtalk. Nobody points out anything good about her. Her supporters (almost all of Soxtalk) want her President and that's about it. They also rip and mock Trump, which of course is easy to do. But this isn't about Trump being bad. It's about Hillary and all signs point to a Presidency that will be dreadful. We already know there's no chance in hell anything's getting passed with Congress (the Repub majority) despising her. And lets see if we are safe internationally under her leadership.

Are you seriously using attendance at certain rallies to measure popularity? You do realize that Trump has probably the craziest base of supporters any US presidential candidate has ever seen right? Those people will go head over heels for him, so it's no wonder his rallies are popular. However, those people do not represent the mindset of America.

Edited by chw42