Your Favorite Movies Of All Time

Boopa1219

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 07:18 AM)
Not to be a dick, but I think The Dark Knight Rises is a bad Batman movie and easily the worst one in the new trilogy.

TDKR is not only the best Batman film, but its one of the best movies of the decade and to come out in recent memory. The film got a lukewarm reception because after TDK came out in 2008 people sarted writing the sequel in their head (I am scared that Episode 8 is going to suffer a similar fate) and when TDKR came out and it was not what they imagined, people were disappointed. When you criticize something, especially art you are supposed to judge on what it is, you never judge something on what its not it what you wanted it to be. Another thing that turned people away from the movie was the Aurora incident.

TDKR is a better film than TDK, but when you compare the two you have to remember that they are very different movies. BB is an adventure movie, TDK is a crime thriller, while TDKR is a post apocalyptic war film.

I could go on but TDKR is just better.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 09:26 PM)
Top of my head, no order:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Sandlot

Shawshank Redemption

Major League

Zoolander

Dark Knight

The Patriot

Good Will Hunting

Remember the Titans

Pitch Perfect

Saving Private Ryan

In Bruges

Dr. Strangelove

A Gentleman's Game

Forrest Gump

In Bruges, along with Batman Returns is my favorite Christmas movies of all time. My mom took me to see it when it came out.

Zoolander is the funniest movie ever made:

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 06:28 PM)
The film got a lukewarm reception because after TDK came out in 2008 people sarted writing the sequel in their head (I am scared that Episode 8 is going to suffer a similar fate) and when TDKR came out and it was not what they imagined, people were disappointed.

I've never heard of a single person who was disappointed by Rises for that reason. What were people imagining and disappointed when they didn't get it?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
TDKR is not only the best Batman film, but its one of the best movies of the decade and to come out in recent memory. The film got a lukewarm reception because after TDK came out in 2008 people sarted writing the sequel in their head (I am scared that Episode 8 is going to suffer a similar fate) and when TDKR came out and it was not what they imagined, people were disappointed. When you criticize something, especially art you are supposed to judge on what it is, you never judge something on what its not it what you wanted it to be. Another thing that turned people away from the movie was the Aurora incident.

TDKR is a better film than TDK, but when you compare the two you have to remember that they are very different movies. BB is an adventure movie, TDK is a crime thriller, while TDKR is a post apocalyptic war film.

This is just ridiculous, people didnt like it less because of the Aurora incident. Maybe less people would have seen it in theatres(which obviously didnt happen because the film made plenty of money) but it has zero effect on the criticism.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
For me, the best Arnold movie is The Running Man

I'm almost positive we've had this discussion before but I've never gotten over the fact that they completely destroyed that story compared to the Stephen King short story. I guess if they would've named it something else, I wouldn't dislike it so much because it might be a decent movie on it's own. But it's just not even close. The only thing the two have in common is the name.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)

I don't pretend to know a lot of film but I do know that all of this is wrong.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
This has to be a joke debate. I've never seen such incoherent reasoning from one person.

Love the book, hate the movie. What's hard to understand?

Or were you referring the the Batman movie debate?

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
Love the book, hate the movie. What's hard to understand?

Or were you referring the the Batman movie debate?

My comment wasn't directed at you. That's my bad.

Yes.

Edited by Brian

Ah, the problem with TDKR wasn't that it was a mess of a script with too many characters and the worst bad-guy-twist ever, but it was really just that I wrote a better script and story in my mind (not hard) and could not comprehend that what I was watching was best movie of the decade!

i really like movies and my fav's are like anything with me, it depends on how i feel at the time. but i watch a lot of movies. these movies i have and watch all the time. there is a long list.

beside the usual great movies like ;

snatch,

usual suspects,

reservior dogs / pulp fiction

godfather 1,

indiana jones - the org

halloween 1978

star wars - the org,i am adding

the bishop wife

unbroken

spotlight,

war:

zero dark thirty

Ike - countdown to d-day

battle of the river plate

blackhawk down

the man who never was, - true story and a known famous future writer Ian Flemming - jame bond.

operation daybreak - true story of killing of Heydrich a remake this spring.

sink the bismark

history:

gettysberg

the crossing

shogun

missles of october - both movies

lincoln 2013

the queen

musical:

nightmare before xmas

sweeney todd

hard days night

independence day

the thing - org

manhunter

ghost of missippi

the razor edge / zorro

fugitive

wanted dead or alive

prisoner of zenda

ronin

three wishes

matewan

good will hunting

clockwork orange

notting hill

the quiet man

basic

portrait of jennie

wasbi / leon

always

as good as it gets

exorcist

primal fear

frequency

war of the world - org

shane

suspect

american graffitti

asian :

war and many more, but i will not list them

miracles of the bell

the xmas carol, 1938 / 1948

sorry i couldn't restrict this to 15.....

Edited by LDF

Sub-question:

What movies have you seen the most in your lifetime?

My wife asked me this and I think the answer is office space. I'm pretty sure when I was in high school I'd come home from school and it was on comedy central like every day...and I watched it.

Yeah I have to say my list would probably be embarrassing. I'm not sure there is a movie I've seen 10+ times that I would say is a great movie.

This is probably the top of the top. I may have spent a full month of my life on:

Office Space

Swingers

Air Force One

Pitch Perfect

Lion King

Space Jam

Bio dome

I feel sick.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
Sub-question:

My wife asked me this and I think the answer is office space. I'm pretty sure when I was in high school I'd come home from school and it was on comedy central like every day...and I watched it.

Some combination of Office Space, Blazing Saddles, War of the Worlds, Star Wars, and Back to the Future.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
Some combination of Office Space, Blazing Saddles, War of the Worlds, Star Wars, and Back to the Future.

Blazing saddles, star wars, stripes, back to the future, indiana jones, big troubles in little china.

Sub-question:

I can say definitively that I have seen Christmas Vacation at least 30 times. I believe I have seen both Airplane and Star Wars IV more often than that but am not 100% certain.