2016 Recruiting Thread

bmags

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 05:06 PM)
Really really want Goodwin, plus he's good friends with Tilmon.

On the insider board it sounds like Williams, Tilmon, and Goodwin will all likely be Illini if Groce stays. Doubt that happens at this point, but hopefully the new coach makes quick progress like Groce was his first year. Sounds like the school itself is more important than the coaching staff for Williams, which could be good.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)
On the insider board it sounds like Williams, Tilmon, and Goodwin will all likely be Illini if Groce stays. Doubt that happens at this point, but hopefully the new coach makes quick progress like Groce was his first year. Sounds like the school itself is more important than the coaching staff for Williams, which could be good.

That would be amazing. To go along with Pickett. Easy top 5 class right there

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 06:20 PM)
As leaked by Groce himself. Seriously though what I'm getting out of the premie board is that they're all worried about Groce's job status, in particular Williams. Nothing can make that better at this point.

The guy who said that those players would likely be Illini also said that Williams commitment has little to do with the coaching staff, so I'm not sure that's right.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
The guy who said that those players would likely be Illini also said that Williams commitment has little to do with the coaching staff, so I'm not sure that's right.

Who are you referring too?

"Don't see it happening until after the season - assuming Groce is given that vote of confidence."

That's the last post from derek piper. What are you reading then?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
Who are you referring too?

"Don't see it happening until after the season - assuming Groce is given that vote of confidence."

That's the last post from derek piper. What are you reading then?

I'm referring to Sturdy on rivals. He flat out said that if Groce stays the class would include Williams, Tilmon, and Goodwin to go along with Pickett. Then when people started freaking out about Groce probably being fired because we're going to lose the recruits he said that we would still have a shot with them. He said Tilmon and Goodwin like Illinois and coach walker. Williams like Illinois.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
With the bad blood spewed publicly towards Illinois by his camp, I'm very surprised.

The Irvin camp may be the worst thing in the entire basketball world.

Slight exaggeration but can't stand those guys, I grew up around too many of those types of coaches and they are the cream of the crop of that bunch.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
The Irvin camp may be the worst thing in the entire basketball world.

Slight exaggeration but can't stand those guys, I grew up around too many of those types of coaches and they are the cream of the crop of that bunch.

Agree 100%

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
Lovie landed 2 WR's the other day. Pretty big get for Lovie.

Yea good start for Lovie, and promising that it was offensive players too. Hopefully some more guys start to jump on board.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
Yea good start for Lovie, and promising that it was offensive players too. Hopefully some more guys start to jump on board.

Actually I think one of them is gonna play DB. I forgot his name. Smalling is at WR though.

Lynn Bowden, top 100 on 247, decommitted from IU. Not too surprising, I was shocked he had even committed to IU in the first place. I suspect he ends up with the Fightin' Rocks. If he had stuck, he would have been the highest ranked recruit in IU history.

• 2 weeks later...