Merkin Suggests Sox go after Puig

Princess Dye

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 07:46 AM)
If Hahn and Friedman are actually friends like some posts here have hinted to, this leak makes so much more sense.

Obviously, the Sox want an outfielder. By the Dodgers leaking that the Sox are involved in trade talks, perhaps that could make Fowler and his agent squirm and finally make a decision as to whether the Sox are the right landing spot for him.

This is what Brian speculated days ago, FWIW.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my dad, die hard Dodger fan, says there has been a lot of talk in LA about Sox being aggressively interested in Puig. No inside sources, just what people on the radio are speculating. Evidently Dodgers are trying to push Ethier. But long story short, it is getting coverage in LA media as well (with there reports being the Sox aren't offering the front line pitching the Dodgers want...which I presume means Hahn is trying to get a deal sold around prospects). That probably means you need to get a 3rd team in and have the Sox give those spects to the third team with the Dodgers getting a front line pitcher.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
So my dad, die hard Dodger fan, says there has been a lot of talk in LA about Sox being aggressively interested in Puig. No inside sources, just what people on the radio are speculating. Evidently Dodgers are trying to push Ethier. But long story short, it is getting coverage in LA media as well (with there reports being the Sox aren't offering the front line pitching the Dodgers want...which I presume means Hahn is trying to get a deal sold around prospects). That probably means you need to get a 3rd team in and have the Sox give those spects to the third team with the Dodgers getting a front line pitcher.

Interesting. Hahn seems to be a pro at three-team deals. Which team has high-end pitching to move for prospects, though?

EDIT: Tampa, duh.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)

Just shows that Hanh isn't leaving any stones unturned. What - if anything - materializes will be the story.