2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
Speculation? Or is someone reporting it?

Leming, Wiederer, Hoge, others all saying expectation is that a deal will be reached.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1h1 hour ago

If I had to guess, I'm going to say that #Bears don't need to use the tag on WR Alshon Jeffery. Things moving positively, fast.

9 retweets 11 likes

Dan Wiederer ‏@danwiederer 53m53 minutes ago

At this point, Jeffery almost certainly will remain a Bear in 2016. And likely beyond. Next big news really will be #s on new contract.

Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 1h1 hour ago

#Bears & Jeffery’s camp are still negotiating. And yes, they will tag him if a deal isn’t done. In other words, nothing has changed.

6 retweets 6 likes

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
Interesting. I know Hoge had reported that Jeffrey was not yet tagged (contrary to Schefty's report).

Schefter hasn't been on the ball with Jeffrey. Just a few weeks ago he was reporting that the Bears were considering letting him walk

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)
Bart Hubbuch

Twitter › BartHubbuch

Jaylon Smith says he's wearing an orthosis brace to "help the nerve heal" but also claims there is no nerve damage. Uh, okayyyy ...

@RapSheet

Difficult day for #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least

Sounds like Smith was just hoping for the best. Sucks, he was going to be a really good player.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
@RapSheet

Difficult day for #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least

Sounds like Smith was just hoping for the best. Sucks, he was going to be a really good player.

It does suck. You just can't hide that stuff like he was trying to, the doctors will find it

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
@RapSheet

Yeah, must be the peroneal nerve that wraps around the fibula near the area he had the lateral knee damage. Would be really interesting to see where it was at the time of injury and where it is now. There is a good chance it will heal to a good extent. Nerves heal for about 18 months. Might be worth a mid-round pick to try to get him this year, if he will take the deal.

Teams cold do a nerve conduction velocity test to try to determine the extent of the injury and estimate how much damage there is and the possibility of how much function will return. This will be a really interesting case.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 04:53 PM)
I'd still think he goes in the 2nd to 3rd round. Anything past that, I can't imagine he signs.

That would be a real stretch unless he allows them extra testing. This is a big risk.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
I believe he signed with an agent already when he declared, so no

If he doesn't sign, he could just continue to train and re-enter the draft next year (basically just hold out from whichever team drafts him).

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 06:06 PM)
As currently constructed, Bears have 60.5 million in cap space right now. Could be close to 70 million with cuts.

That's good, but I'm more worried about good drafting than I am worried about cap space. At some point, the Bears need a couple of great draft picks at reasonable clips to fill all the holes they have.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
That's good, but I'm more worried about good drafting than I am worried about cap space. At some point, the Bears need a couple of great draft picks at reasonable clips to fill all the holes they have.

Well, they had a good first year, and that was without their 1st round pick.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
Damn Eli Apple just slid into the first round with a 4.4

Matt Miller always has had him in the 1st round.

Supposedly the 40 times are a bit quicker than they really are.

For example, Lee's 40 time stopped when he had about 5 feet left.

CB William Jackson ran a 4.32 and 4.39. I think he can be in play at 11 for the Bears.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Matt Miller always has had him in the 1st round.

Supposedly the 40 times are a bit quicker than they really are.

For example, Lee's 40 time stopped when he had about 5 feet left.

CB William Jackson ran a 4.32 and 4.39. I think he can be in play at 11 for the Bears.

Official times are different than the NFL network times FYI. I was posting official electronic times.