2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
I know it's not a huge position of need, but knowing how John Fox loves having multiple RB's and how our RB coach used to be OSU's RB coach, who apparently get's all the credit from Elliot for Elliot turning into the beast that he is; does anyone here think it's even a possibility that the Bears could draft Elliot in the 1st?

I like Elliott, he looks like he is gonna be a good back. But if the Bears drafted him at 11 I would be really pissed off, running backs are plug n play in the NFL and the Bears seem to be set as it stands. Unless you think that Elliott is the next AP, you let him go.

And if he is the next AP, he isn't getting to 11

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
I like Elliott, he looks like he is gonna be a good back. But if the Bears drafted him at 11 I would be really pissed off, running backs are plug n play in the NFL and the Bears seem to be set as it stands. Unless you think that Elliott is the next AP, you let him go.

And if he is the next AP, he isn't getting to 11

I read a quote from Urban Meyer recently saying that it's even more impressive what Elliot does when he doesn't have the ball, which I could see being very appealing to the Bears.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
I know it's not a huge position of need, but knowing how John Fox loves having multiple RB's and how our RB coach used to be OSU's RB coach, who apparently get's all the credit from Elliot for Elliot turning into the beast that he is; does anyone here think it's even a possibility that the Bears could draft Elliot in the 1st?

The Bears should take the best overall player at 11, period. If it's Elliot, go for it. The only position the Bears really don't need is quarterback, and even then you take the future starter anyway if it's the best talent for the position.

Elliot was a five star recruit at RB, not like he turned him from a walk on.

I'd rather not use a first round pick on offense and have a hard time believing that position can be BPA anymore.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
As much as Jerry Jones is an absolute douche this is really cool. I love me some 5 star hotels.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14878969...aining-facility

That membership sounds awesome, $4500 plus $350/month is a pretty good deal considering the access to the team/players plus you get access to the fitness center, I'm surprised they don't charge more considering it's only 800 members.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
IF the Bears managed to come away with Trevathon, Janoris Jenkins, and Jays Howard, I wouldn't HATE to see Elliott. I would still prefer another LB, DT, or maybe even Stanley if he's there though.

Wentz baby...wentz.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 05:16 PM)
Wentz baby...wentz.

So you are on the Wentz train now too huh?

He really seems like the perfect profile of a guy being created into this power house though the draft process but not in reality. He has the measurables but I always am skeptical when someone rises this fast out of nowhere. But hell I am totally in agreement of the Bears taking a QB anywhere in this draft that they like.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)
At this point I will be surprised if he drops out of the top five. The hype train is full speed ahead right now

Dont act like it wasnt you that created this damn hype train.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)

He really seems like the perfect profile of a guy being created into this power house though the draft process but not in reality. He has the measurables but I always am skeptical when someone rises this fast out of nowhere. But hell I am totally in agreement of the Bears taking a QB anywhere in this draft that they like.

He didn't really rise out of nowhere. I mentioned Wentz as a 1st rounder on twitter last season. Just took the media awhile to come around. If he were at Bama he'd be a household name.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 05:45 PM)
You see everyone destroy the Salukis. I would destroy the Salukis.

Note: Watch me ban Rowand, Brian, and Kyle.

giphy.gif

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)

Joe Flacco?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
@AdamSchefter

Bears and Martellus Bennett's agent, Kennard McGuire, are working together to trade the tight end to an agreeable landing spot, per source.

Black Unicorn gets himself moved on again. Really sucks, he is so talented

Is it possible that they get something like a 3rd rounder in return? I wouldnt be surprised that a 4th is the best but would be ecstatic if the Bears can get a high 3rd or better for Marty.

It really is unfortunate. Such a good tight end that does so much well and busts his ass out there in every game no matter how bad the team was.

McCaskey was on the radio this morning and basically said that he was told by Pace and Fox that the plan is going to take a while. They know they wont be contenders next year either. No surprise there though.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
Is it possible that they get something like a 3rd rounder in return? I wouldnt be surprised that a 4th is the best but would be ecstatic if the Bears can get a high 3rd or better for Marty.

It really is unfortunate. Such a good tight end that does so much well and busts his ass out there in every game no matter how bad the team was.

No chance. I like a 5th is the best they'll do with a 6th most likely.