2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
The fact that Washington thinks this is a good idea makes me KNOW this is a terrible signing. Washington have been the kings of bad FA signings for years now.

I disagree. I used to feel this way but Scot McCloughan is in charge now. He's a stud personnel guy and team builder. This isn't just Daniel Snyder throwing money around.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:49 AM)
I disagree. I used to feel this way but Scot McCloughan is in charge now. He's a stud personnel guy and team builder. This isn't just Daniel Snyder throwing money around.

True but it still reeks of a typical Washington bust. Has Snyder stepped out of the way to let McCloughan do his job since he has been there? I know they were better last year but I dont follow them enough to know if Snyder is willing to give full reigns to the GM.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)
True but it still reeks of a typical Washington bust. Has Snyder stepped out of the way to let McCloughan do his job since he has been there? I know they were better last year but I dont follow them enough to know if Snyder is willing to give full reigns to the GM.

Yeah. I doubt McCloughan would be there otherwise. I understand your initial statement. It's been that way until probably last offseason. I would have normally agreed with you but I truly do think it's different now.

This is going to be a fun draft. Really unsettled starting at pick 3. I wonder if we will hear of a deal being done with Rams and a QB before the pick or if we will have no idea who is first.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
This is going to be a fun draft. Really unsettled starting at pick 3. I wonder if we will hear of a deal being done with Rams and a QB before the pick or if we will have no idea who is first.

Goff is going #1. It's everywhere. The reason Philadelphia went to #2 was to draft Carson Wentz.

I think best case and most realistic scenario for the bears involves 3 QBs, RB, and 2 OTs taken in top ten. But, if lynch does not go top ten perhaps bears become the pivot point to trade down for others to grab him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
John Barr ESPN ‏@JohnBarrESPN 2h2 hours ago Dallas, TX

DA all but saying Manziel will be indicted but that it won't be official until that paperwork is signed by grand jury on Tuesday.

A&M is probably going to have to start taking down a lot of the Johnny Football memorobelia.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)
The Associated Press ‏@AP 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: Appeals court rules Patriots quarterback Tom Brady must serve 4-game 'Deflategate' suspension.

`

Bogus. Still no evidence he knew. Godell relieved probably.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 11:52 AM)
Bogus. Still no evidence he knew. Godell relieved probably.

One of the Yahoo writers (I think Wetzel) scientifically debunked the whole theory and proved that the NFL had no idea what they were talking about.

This ruling doesn't say that Brady is guilty, it just says the NFL has the right to suspend him per their labor agreement.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
One of the Yahoo writers (I think Wetzel) scientifically debunked the whole theory and proved that the NFL had no idea what they were talking about.

This ruling doesn't say that Brady is guilty, it just says the NFL has the right to suspend him per their labor agreement.

Yep. Its pathetic.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
If I had to guess now, I think the Bears take Jackson, Lawson or Floyd. Either way, I'm good with it. Pace had a solid first draft. If they can find another class with 3-4 starters, I'm happy.

I really don't want Floyd. He's just not an Edge guy. His best fit is as an off ball LB in a 4-3 front. I think it'll be Elliott, Lawson, Jackson, Rankins, or an OT.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
An opinion held by Patriots fans, Michigan fans and virtually nobody else.

Kind of like only Notre Dame fans think Kelly being responsible for killing a kid was a "misunderstanding"?