2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 07:15 PM)
Kiper and McShay are doing a live mock right now:

Goff

Wentz

Tunsil

Bosa

Jack

Ramsey

Conklin

Buckner

Stanley

Elliott

Bears: Floyd

I'm not a fan of Floyd. He's small, gets blocked often, isn't explosive, and will be a 24 year old rookie. Hard pass.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 08:36 AM)
Bill Polian was saying on Dave Kaplan's radio show that he thinks Norman is a product of the system and not so much a true shutdown qb because of ability. I kind of trust Polian.

Not worried about the "system" thing. Fangio can use anything, but Norman is going to want something like $13 million per. Bad deal. Let San Francisco waste that money.

I hope they trade down then. Last year, the "buzz" about who we'd pick was right on. I will give Pace/Fangio/Fox the benefit of the doubt on floyd, but nobody I normally read for drafts seems to like them which tempers my excitement.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Matt Miller just tweeted that the most recent buzz for the Bears is OLB Leonard Floyd and OLB Darren Lee

He mentioned Shaq Lawson too. Nobody has any idea though. Teams are so tight-lipped right now, especially the Bears. Darron Lee wouldn't even start for the Bears. Floyd is my nightmare scenario. 24 year old rookie that is small and can't set the edge. No thanks.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
He mentioned Shaq Lawson too. Nobody has any idea though. Teams are so tight-lipped right now, especially the Bears. Darron Lee wouldn't even start for the Bears. Floyd is my nightmare scenario. 24 year old rookie that is small and can't set the edge. No thanks.

Same. I'd be pretty upset with Floyd as the Bears pick. Lee, I don't know why since he wouldn't even start. Lawson seems like a 4-3 DE to me.

Darron Lee would probably play SS for the Bears. He's not a huge guy but fast as hell. He may end up goig before Jack, something no one would have thought 3 months ago. I wouldn't love the pick, but Fangio's always had hard hitting, fast safeties.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
Darron Lee would probably play SS for the Bears. He's not a huge guy but fast as hell. He may end up goig before Jack, something no one would have thought 3 months ago. I wouldn't love the pick, but Fangio's always had hard hitting, fast safeties.

No. He cannot not play safety. He's a LB.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)

Darron Lee isn't really a fit in Chicago anymore. He wouldn't even start for the Bears.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:20 AM)
Shaq Lawson heating up to the Bears per Matt Miller.

This is either agent driven or the Bears want it out there. That front office is locked up tight. I'd be completely fine with that pick though.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
5 years, $75M with FIFTY MILLION guaranteed. f*** that.

The fact that Washington thinks this is a good idea makes me KNOW this is a terrible signing. Washington has been the leader of bad FA signings for years now.