2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
That's the best case scenario shipps? ;)

Yep, he isnt going to be healthy for a full season so you might as well hope you get him back towards the end of a season with the slightest chance at playing in a playoff game.

Yes, me saying he's out for the season is me actually fighting with my other half that is saying "HE'LL BE BACK TOMORROW". Sucks. I know it I can't sulk in a pity party too much though, every team is dealing with it. Just need so much more depth.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
It is exciting to finally see Kevin White.

But more nervous now for injuries. I will not be able to watch so I'm relying on here for hot takes.

OMG White! Unbelievable!

You will have to deal with not knowing whether White just snapped a body part or made an amazing play. LOL

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
OMG White! Unbelievable!

You will have to deal with not knowing whether White just snapped a body part or made an amazing play. LOL

Ha, I kind of love that though. I learned of that one Crede 3 run home run from Kyyle or someone just writing "omg it worked" and then all of the "rally crede!"s for 500 posts

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 07:21 AM)
Leming quoted some hilarious overreactions on Twitter. "I lost interest in the Bears after the slauson move" was actually said

Thats funny.

I will say preseason does give the slightest bit of insight on a teams depth, I think. But we knew that would be a glaring weakness for this Bears team anyway.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 06:21 AM)
Thats funny.

I will say preseason does give the slightest bit of insight on a teams depth, I think. But we knew that would be a glaring weakness for this Bears team anyway.

Depth should actually be quite a bit improved, imo. Just think of our LB core, where we have a lot of guys who were starters a year ago (or got significant playing time) who are now on the bench. At the WR spot, we have some new faces and hopefully better help and we certainly upgraded at backup QB. On the oline we still have some depth, but also have some young guys and unknowns. Dline has some depth. Secondary has the most unknown's in general.

I always figure first preseason game isn't one to get worked up about. Starters played what, one series (I only watched the 2nd half in between Olympic commercials so didn't see the 1st half). That said, in general, I didn't see much. When Conor shaw was the best thing I saw, that isn't exactly a good thing, haha.

I hope Conor Shaw sticks. He was one of the best "gamer"QBs I've ever seen in college.

Didn't get to see a lick of the game but local coverage on TV news was pretty brutal.

Depth on S, TE and CB isn't good, nor is OL and the past 4 years have indicated that where we are thinnest is where we'll get destroyed.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
Thats funny.

The Bears lead Chicago by a large margin in the Meatball factor.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
The Bears lead Chicago by a large margin in the Meatball factor.

True. Allow me to reiterate my disappointment at how bad the bears sbnation blog is precisely because of this meatball factor.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 07:35 AM)
Why is Joey Bosa being a jag and not signing his contract with the Chargers? Dude hasn't played a snap in the NFL and is mad that he got drafted by the Chargers? Please.

His mom came out and said that they wish they pulled an Eli Manning.

He's not. The Chargers are idiots. They've done this before. They agree on overall value but they want to be able to recoup money if he's hurt or bad. Not going to happen.