2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
Meredith had a pretty good preseason, that hurt Bravermans chances a lot. i think they try and sneak him through waivers too

Problem is that they are keeping Royal and Mariani. Braverman is a slot guy with minimal ST impact. They can't keep 3 slot guys. White and Jeffery are on the team. That leaves 2 spots and Wilson starts on PUP. I would think that Meredith and Bellamy make it as last two but then they don't have a KR on the roster without Thompson. I expect a lot of moving parts over the next few days

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a huge fan of Mariani but he did fairly well as a slot guy last year and is steady with catching the ball in the return game. He isnt going to lose you any games by making key mistakes and you need that. I am not going to get upset over a 7th rounder being cut nor would I get upset if Mariani didnt make it. I would understand either side of the argument.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
I'd rather them get rid of Royal and just go younger but thats wishful thinking with his contract and the org thinking they can actually do something this season. Hmm.. why does that sound familiar?

I think Bears can "compete" or be right near 8-8. That might put them in a race for parts of season though. I see the Cardinals, Packers, and Panthers as playoff teams. If I had to pick before season I would have said playoff teams were: Cardinals, Seahawks, Redskins, Panthers, Packers, Vikings. I think the Bridgewater injury opens a spot for someone. I don't know for sure that the Bears with their schedule are definitely worse than NYG, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Minnesota. I think they are better than Philly, Detroit, San Francisco, LA, and Tampa Bay. Could be interesting.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
I'd rather them get rid of Royal and just go younger but thats wishful thinking with his contract and the org thinking they can actually do something this season. Hmm.. why does that sound familiar?

I also dont think he stays healthy. I'd rather go young.

If you want to complain about Braverman not making it, complain about him not putting up a good performance. We will obviously try to sneak him onto the practice squad, but nothing during the games screamed, this guy is more deserving of a position then Meredith or any of the other wideouts they'd be keeping over him (and this is coming from someone who really liked the Braverman pick).

I think even Braverman would admit that and hopefully we can keep him on the practice squad and he can put in the work, develop, and eventually make the squad.

Bears should be keeping a really close eye on all the cuts that are going on today which I know they will. When you have a team that is lacking depth like they are they can actually save themselves in some areas with some quick signings from this point on.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
I looked at Royal's career stats, he averaged 13-14 games played per season, which I found surprising. He seems way more injury prone than that.

He was on some very forgettable broncos and chargers teams.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
I wonder if Shea is going to make the Patriots 53 man. I know he played rather sparingly in the pre season and didnt play in the last game.

If he didn't play in the last game, that would tell me he is either hurt or made the team already.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
Bears Announced Cuts (to be updated)

WR BJ Daniels

DT Terry Williams

G Shelley Smith

LB Danny Mason

C Khaled Holmes

CB Kevin Peterson

OL Garry Williams

TE Ben Braunecker

RB Jacquiz Rodgers

WR/PR Marc Mariani

QB David Fales

LB John Timu

TE Rob Housler

CB De'Vaunte Bausby

WR Daniel Braverman

TE Tony Moeaki

OL Jason Weaver

LS Patrick Scales

Final cuts and roster moves

WR BJ Daniels

DT Terry Williams

G Shelley Smith

LB Danny Mason

C Khaled Holmes

CB Kevin Peterson

OL Garry Williams

TE Ben Braunecker

RB Jacquiz Rodgers

WR/PR Marc Mariani

QB David Fales

LB John Timu

TE Rob Housler

CB De'Vaunte Bausby

WR Daniel Braverman

TE Tony Moeaki

OL Jason Weaver

LS Patrick Scales

DE Ego Ferguson

CB Taveze Calhoun

Parnell McPhee and Marques Wilson to the PUP list

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
User Actions

Following

Adam SchefterVerified account

‏@AdamSchefter

Looks like former Packers' Pro Bowl G Josh Sitton's first visit will be to...division-rival Chicago Bears, per sources. Saints could follow

Yes, please