2016 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
The O's have to be one of the worst constructive teams I've seen in a while. Talk about whiff city. Brutal given the money they spent this off-season.

They also have poor pitching.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
The O's have to be one of the worst constructive teams I've seen in a while. Talk about whiff city. Brutal given the money they spent this off-season.

I don't think the strikeouts will be that big of a deal, that offense will score a lot of runs. They have a pretty good bullpen too. Their starting rotation is just brutal though, could be the worst in baseball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors 2h2 hours ago

#Marlins late-inning reliever Carter Capps (elbow) is headed for a visit with Dr. James Andrews. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/03/cart...-relievers.html

Man I'd like to see that guys bank account. He's been the go to guy in the sports world forever it seems.

Made a small personal sacrifice today--cancelled my MLB Extra Innings.

I get Extra Innings because my rural satellite internet has a 10GB/mo data limit.

This summer I'm getting married and taking two grad classes. Plus, there's a lot of soccer to watch, and I also follow tennis a lot, so I decided I'd try to go without it this summer since I might not get my money's worth anyway with how busy I am. I'm also a teacher, so for April, May, and September I don't really use it much because I often get home late and go to bed early.

I figure I still live in a two-team town, and one of MLBN/TBS/ESPN/FS1 has a game every day, so I'm still talking 3+ games each day. Plus, half the time I don't need to worry about avoding Hawk, so I might watch more Sox baseball regardless. I'll miss the flexibility of watching whatever pitcher I want, or checking in on Trout or Harper, and (especially) not hearing Scully whenever I want during what will likely be his final season, but saving all of that money will be nice. Maybe I'll start getting it every other year, in non-World Cup/European Championship years for soccer.

Edited by 3GamesToLove