2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
I don't know if he's a troll but his posts do scream that he's a cubs fan.

Or a completely disenchanted White Sox fan. I'm sorry, but this White Sox organization is so pathetic, it deserves every ounce of criticism it gets. What a complete disaster the last decade has been.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
Or a completely disenchanted White Sox fan. I'm sorry, but this White Sox organization is so pathetic, it deserves every ounce of criticism it gets. What a complete disaster the last decade has been.

Just because you don't like what the Sox are doing doesn't mean you should try and make Sox fans unbiased towards the Cubs. Those things are completely independent from each other.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)

You are better than this mate.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 04:24 PM)
Cubs got Joe Smith for next to nothing. Really good addition to their bullpen. Their pen has gone from the biggest weak spot on the team to a possible strong point.

After looking at his numbers, is he really any better than what they have already? Who's the odd man out?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
After looking at his numbers, is he really any better than what they have already? Who's the odd man out?

Hmm you're right, Smith hasn't been very good this year. He's been solid in years past though. But I think he's like their 4th or 5th best reliever.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 04:42 PM)
Nice collapse by AJ Ramos today.

That is 2 wins in the past 4 days occurring from a wild pitch playing a HUGE part in the game (on Sunday tying the game and today winning the game). Unreal, good for them. I am not a Cubs fan, I don't like their organization and I don't like their fans. Their team always was, undoubtedly, going to the playoffs. However, I hope they are one and done when they get there. These types of stupid wins usually don't happen in the playoffs. Wild pitches tying the game, wild pitches winning the game, winning what seems like every challenge....ridiculous.

Edited by soxfan85

what an astonishingly stupid decision by La Stella. He is an injury away from being right back in the majors, and at the end of the month he comes back up regardless because rosters expand. I would just end his season if I were the cubs. Enjoy New Jersey, dude

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
what an astonishingly stupid decision by La Stella. He is an injury away from being right back in the majors, and at the end of the month he comes back up regardless because rosters expand. I would just end his season if I were the cubs. Enjoy New Jersey, dude

Lmao

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 02:26 PM)

What in the hell good did he think could come of this? Worst thing he could have done for his career, beyond dumb.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
I saw Chapman 105 MPH Cubs t-shirts on sale at Jewel the other day. I wonder if they have one of him firing some bullets into a wall and choking his girlfriend.

Probably would be a top seller behind the Horry Cow classic.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
Cubs fans here at work and on my facebook are getting more cocky by the day. My Sox hat on my desk is still the brunt of jokes.

Don't worry, Cubs fans don't actually care about White Sox fans so you shouldn't care.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 12:26 PM)
Oh they do when they see the hat. haha. One comment was, WTF is that? Cubs baby! Sox blow!

I believe it. Was parroting some who say there's no reason for Sox fans to care about or dislike the Cubs and that it's embarrassing for us to dislike them because the Cubs have no direct effect on the Sox or their fans.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)
I believe it. Was parroting some who say there's no reason for Sox fans to care about or dislike the Cubs and that it's embarrassing for us to dislike them because the Cubs have no direct effect on the Sox or their fans.

I don't dislike the cubs players. Fans drive me up a wall and it will be 100 times worse if they win it all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
I have plenty of cubs fans around me, and nobody says a word. It must suck working with a bunch of people who act like kids

My favorite was when I posted a photo of my press pass to The Cell on FB (because I was excited as hell) and got six or seven comments about how the Cubs were awesome and the Sox suck.