2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox fired a DJ for playing Whitesnake when Chuck Finley was pitching because Finley's ex-wife was dating or married to David Coverdale.

This Cubs guy either is the dumbest person in the world or he knew what he was doing. That tune wouldn't have appropriate for anyone. Maybe he was one of the few that didn't agree with bringing Chapman aboard even after he hit over 100 on the Wrigley gun, and decided to go out in a blaze of glory. There was no way he wasn't going to get fired.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2016 -> 05:00 PM)
Said even better...

KenWo ‏@KenWo4LiFe 1h1 hour ago Oak Forest, IL So uh... The @Cubs fire the DJ for playing "smack my b**** up", but the guy who actually did the smacking of the b**** is all good. Gotcha.

You think the White Sox or any other MLB organization would act differently? It's called low hanging fruit.

I was surprised it was their own guy (or woman) that played it, though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
I've seen enough. Kris Bryant is the best non-Trout player in baseball. He's got baseball fans everywhere shook. Nobody thought he'd be THIS good this soon.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 06:34 AM)
Altuve, Betts and Donaldson would disagree...Machado and Arenado would have their backers, as well.

Bryce Harper has one down season (ironically this is his best season defensively) and all of a sudden he's not even a thought? Yikes..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
I've seen enough. Kris Bryant is the best non-Trout player in baseball. He's got baseball fans everywhere shook. Nobody thought he'd be THIS good this soon.

Always so dramatic when it comes to anything Cubs or Lebron. Give me some Manny over Bryant, who also happens to be 6 months younger as well. Also don't sleep on Harper. He'll be back in a big way if he out hits Bryant and the Cubs this postseason. He's also younger than both Manny and Bryant.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
Always so dramatic when it comes to anything Cubs or Lebron. Give me some Manny over Bryant, who also happens to be 6 months younger as well. Also don't sleep on Harper. He'll be back in a big way if he out hits Bryant and the Cubs this postseason. He's also younger than both Manny and Bryant.

Kris has been in The Show less than 2 full seasons and he's won the ROY and is the pretty easy favorite for NL MVP.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
Kris has been in The Show less than 2 full seasons and he's won the ROY and is the pretty easy favorite for NL MVP.

Ok but like you said he's in the NL with less competition for those awards. Just because he wins the NL MVP makes him the best non-Trout player in baseball? GMAB. I'm taking the guy that hits just as well but can also play top line SS and 3B defensively. Also nobody has mentioned Lindor, but if I had to start a team right now that's the guy I'm taking first overall (ahead of Trout even). The guy is unreal defensively playing a premium position and already a very good hitter at age 22. Only going to get better.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-francis...-is-ridiculous/

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
Ok but like you said he's in the NL with less competition for those awards. Just because he wins the NL MVP makes him the best non-Trout player in baseball? GMAB. I'm taking the guy that hits just as well but can also play top line SS and 3B defensively. Also nobody has mentioned Lindor, but if I had to start a team right now that's the guy I'm taking first overall (ahead of Trout even). The guy is unreal defensively playing a premium position and already a very good hitter at age 22. Only going to get better.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-francis...-is-ridiculous/

Lindor over Trout? Stop. Mike Trout might be the greatest baseball player that's ever lived.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 21, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
Lindor over Trout? Stop. Mike Trout might be the greatest baseball player that's ever lived.

At this very moment of course I'd take trout. My point is lindor isn't far behind though and also 3 years younger while playing a position that is much more difficult to fill (hence the whole starting a team hypothetical).