Adam Eaton "Racial" Tweet Controversy

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 01:22 AM)
It was comedy so I'm not outraged, but when you think about it, in today's PC day and age, that was pretty ballsy of Rock to go there especially using little kids as "props." I'm not offended, don't get me wrong, but it's interesting how he and the Oscars went there.

I kind of cringed when he said it. Mostly because the whole Oscars were about lack of diversity. I'm sure Asians have had worse jokes made about them.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine a white comedian made a joke about slavery...yet child labor jokes are apparently not newsworthy because Asians in the US are comparatively doing better than whites, thus the easy minority to pick on and not get yourself in hot water. At least no joke about Native Americans in connection with The Revenant, he was smart enough to pick the easier topic.

More Bill Cosby jokes are not going to bring out many defenders or BLM, I suppose.

Thanks for moving this thread over here- The presence of this thread in the original location just made me want to punch the screen every time i wanted to look at White Sox stuff.

I will add that while it's common to write-off athletes as "dumb jocks" or "they should just focus on thier sport and stay out of X,Y or Z", let's not forget that they DO have more skin in the game than the majority of us, and will affect more positive change on this earth than any of us will in our lifetimes. Sure wrong things are said from time to time, but for the most part athletes usually use their position to help. I think we as a people should quit judging them and start helping as well