3/12, White Sox at Cubs, Television stations list

New White Sox TV broadcaster Jason Benetti will make his Sox debut tomorrow afternoon from Arizona. Here is the broadcasting information:

Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs

Stadium: Sloan Park, Mesa, AZ

Game start time: 2:00 PM Central Time / 3:00 PM Eastern Time *

Radio:

AM 890 WLS (White Sox broadcast), announcers: Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson

AM 670 WSCR 'The Score' (Cubs broadcast), announcers: Len Kasper/Pat Hughes? and Ron Coomer

5 over-the-air TV stations (White Sox broadcast):

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (The CW)

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Unconfirmed:

Springfield / Decatur / Champaign WAND Decatur, Channel 17-2 (COZI TV)

Danville W31BX-D (WAND translator), Channel 17-2 (COZI TV)

Jacksonville, IL W40CV-D (WAND translator), Channel 17-2 (COZI TV)

tvguide.com and zap2it.com list WAND as airing a Cubs Cactus League game. titantv.com does not. No information at the TV station's website. Last season WAND aired some Cubs games only, but the game tomorrow is actually a White Sox broadcast (at the Cubs Spring Training park).

Edited by InTheDriversSeat

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:54 PM)
It will be great to see a real broadcast for the first time since Hawk checked out a decade ago.

:lol:

I liked Hawk a lot back in the '80s and '90s. Sometime around the turn of the century, he became a caricature of himself. Very excited to watch Benetti.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 10:54 AM)
I'm very excited to hear Benetti for the first time. I'll be rooting for him to do well and hopefully call Sox games for a long time.

I'm rooting for Hawk to get all new organs, maybe some new eyeballs since he has some vision issue, probably a new skeleton and some fresh skin too. I'm in my early 30s and I hope to hear him for my next 40 years.

https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan

Austin Jackson might play Sunday, says he's ready. 'felt good to get the legs moving.' Hit 3 times in B game, didn't play in field.

Latos pleased overall to hit both sides of plate w fastball in 4 innings (3 runs), tho he left one over middle that went for HR.

Hahn, Ventura, Bell came away pleased with Latos' stuff. Latos said he is feeling "great" physically.

I'm so pumped for Jackson. One of those players you just like their name and look as baseball players for me. I feel the same about Tim Anderson. Just remind me of baseball players that I grew up with.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
I'm really hoping Cabrera. He was basically signed to solve our 2 hole problem.

Melky has also been less effective against lefties . Personally I'd like to see Avi there if he can keep hitting especially against a lefty and also because he uses right field a lot so with a runner on 1st he has a better chance getting to 3rd. Also because of his speed I'd anticipate less double plays.