Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
I dont see why he needed to bring his kid in everyday. Maybe once as a neat expierence but that would be it. It obviously was a distraction cause something had to be done about it.

I'm sure that the rest of the clubhouse would've been cool with once a week. Many of them probably bring their kids into the clubhouse every so often.

Adam Laroche really seems like he's likely an annoying guy....die-hard hunter, country, Duck Dynasty, holy roller, etc......a guy like this doesn't see things rationally, like a suggestion from your boss to not bring your kid to work everyday isn't seen as a reasonable request but rather an assault on FAMILY VALUES! As with most people who feel that life is one big, emotional country ballad about god, guns, and family, Adam feels that taking this brave stand is standing up for 'Murica. Just look at what his buddy posted about "good and evil".

Good riddance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
And if the Guillen family doesn't serve as example of what having your kids around too much can do to a team, I don't know what will.

LOL! Top notch comment right there!

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
Adam Laroche really seems like he's likely an annoying guy....die-hard hunter, country, Duck Dynasty, holy roller, etc......a guy like this doesn't see things rationally, like a suggestion from your boss to not bring your kid to work everyday isn't seen as a reasonable request but rather an assault on FAMILY VALUES! As with most people who feel that life is one big, emotional country ballad about god, guns, and family, Adam feels that taking this brave stand is standing up for 'Murica. Just look at what his buddy posted about "good and evil".

Bigotry towards those who don't share your world view isn't cool.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
And there it is:

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 2m2 minutes ago

Source tells @MattAbbatacola that several players went to KW complaining about LaRoche. So that explains the timing.

boom. bye bye adam.

This is where a compromise would have come in handy. Unfortunately, LaRoche didn't want to, so it's a done deal. Hopefully the players on Adam's side will get over it. They kinda have to.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
Then there's this:

"His teammates rose to his defense and challenged Williams in a heated clubhouse meeting, according to multiple sources"

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/adam-la...going-on-031616

WTF is he in the clubhouse making this call. It's a manager's decision.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
And there it is:

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 2m2 minutes ago

Source tells @MattAbbatacola that several players went to KW complaining about LaRoche. So that explains the timing.

Good for Kenny for trying to protect the greater good.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)

Good riddance.

Except everyone loves him so there's that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
Then there's this:

"His teammates rose to his defense and challenged Williams in a heated clubhouse meeting, according to multiple sources"

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/adam-la...going-on-031616

That is a fair question. And it seemed even fairer to me after a few players who read Williams' comments sent me texts acknowledging to me that he had a point.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
I'll always side with Rosenthal over The Score, but again, just using simple logic, there is no way Williams did this on his own, just because he felt like it. Drake wouldn't have had his own locker stall in the clubhouse last season if that was the case.

Williams is taking the brunt of this as he should. But you know the players spoke up.

Who says either the Score or Ken Rosenthal are wrong? It's completely possible players complained about him being there constantly while other teammates defended LaRoche.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
If the players wanted him around, but Kenny said no, then this is a bad bad idea.

Why? It's being blown out of proportion by the actual media, and social media, which is why KW had to make a statement.

I don't see the team tanking it because Laroche's kid isn't around. Or Laroche.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
Who says either the Score or Ken Rosenthal are wrong? It's completely possible players complained about him being there constantly while other teammates defended LaRoche.

I'm sure Latos will get blamed

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
That's sort of what it sounds like, but it makes zero sense. I still think it was absolutely the right call, but is that quote implying Kenny Williams made that decision completely on his own without any of the players being on board? I just can't believe that.

The other way to read that is once again Kenny is falling on the sword, so that LaRoche doesn't have to wonder who were the teammates that had an issue.

This, I agree.