Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

They're voting on him today? Yikes

The old white Republican men had already decided their good old boy hasn’t don’t it before any testimony was heard yesterday.  Stopping women from having abortions and making sure crazy people have easy access to guns and that they can keep putting up walls for minoritirs to vote is way more important than making sure a Supreme Court judge is properly vetted.

6 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

The old white Republican men had already decided their good old boy hasn’t don’t it before any testimony was heard yesterday.  Stopping women from having abortions and making sure crazy people have easy access to guns and that they can keep putting up walls for minoritirs to vote is way more important than making sure a Supreme Court judge is properly vetted.

I think they all know he did it. They aren't that dumb. They just don't care. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think they all know he did it. They aren't that dumb. They just don't care. 

I wouldn’t go nearly that far but he was incredibly evasive yesterday which in my experience indicated someone is at least hiding the ball on something, his demeanor is terrible for a judge and while all judges are somewhat partisan you simply can’t have someone on the Supreme Court spouting off conspiracy theories.

12 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I wouldn’t go nearly that far but he was incredibly evasive yesterday which in my experience indicated someone is at least hiding the ball on something, his demeanor is terrible for a judge and while all judges are somewhat partisan you simply can’t have someone on the Supreme Court spouting off conspiracy theories.

He was playing to Trump. Please the Supreme Leader, please the rest of the "republicans" who are afraid of him. It worked like a charm. Lindsay Graham joined in. Being obnoxious and crazy and yelling is the new way. It's pretty disturbing.  Kavanaugh is just a brighter version of Trump, most likely with a drinking problem.

Edited by Dick Allen

Just now, GoSox05 said:

I don't think there is a chance any Republican votes against him. 

There is a chance the women do, but I am pretty sure they have been bought off. Supposedly all the undecideds will vote the same way. It's pretty disgusting our elected officials can let a Supreme Court candidate get away with as many lies under oath Kavanaugh made, and basically dismiss what Dr. Ford had to say. Hopefully it leads to a movement to oust them all and bring in people who want women to come forward if something like this happens to them.

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He was playing to Trump. Please the Supreme Leader, please the rest of the "republicans" who are afraid of him. It worked like a charm. Lindsay Graham joined in. Being obnoxious and crazy and yelling is the new way. It's pretty disturbing.  Kavanaugh is just a brighter version of Trump, most likely with a drinking problem.

Yeah, what seemed unhinged conspiracy nonsense was designed to deflect the republican argument to blaming the process rather than Ford. And they all joined in. To me it showed that he is crazy and a liar, but it doesn't matter.

8 minutes ago, G&T said:

Yeah, what seemed unhinged conspiracy nonsense was designed to deflect the republican argument to blaming the process rather than Ford. And they all joined in. To me it showed that he is crazy and a liar, but it doesn't matter.

Why would it matter to them?

They wont even acknowledge the fact that what they did to Merrick Garland was much worse.

Just now, maggsmaggs said:

Yeah, not exactly shocking.

Think I'm gonna check out for a while. That spectacle yesterday was absolutely disgusting, and I have no doubt he gets confirmed now. It was never about actually listening to what Dr. Ford had to say. It was a chance for performative outrage by the conservatives.

Republicans have shown us, over and over, what they truly are. Believe them. 

Also, forget who it was but the guy on CNN who said women always lose in these situations was absolutely right.  Yet another example just like Anita Hill that is is pointless for women to make allegations against men in power unless they have photographic evidence. 

Republicans yet again showing they don’t give a fuck about women.  

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Also, forget who it was but the guy on CNN who said women always lose in these situations was absolutely right.  Yet another example just like Anita Hill that is is pointless for women to make allegations against men in power unless they have photographic evidence. 

Republicans yet again showing they don’t give a fuck about women.  

It would take video of the assault for them to actually do anything, and that might not be enough. They could have audio of Judge egging Kavanaugh on and calling him by name, and it would be a lookalike. 

7 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Lol.  Well committing blatant perjury doesn’t matter and Flake is a fucking joke.   Tries to say the right thing but in reality he is a coward.

Exactly. At the very least, his view would call for some sort of investigation. What he is saying is yesterday was just a waste of time. Nothing mattered. She could be credible, she could be telling the truth, yes Kavanaugh lied, but so what? He doesn't believe in abortion unless he impregnates someone by accident. 

To me its not even the assault allegations. If I am being 100% unbiased, there just is no way to know for sure what happened.

But I personally believe he lied under oath and that he purposefully misled people while testifying.

Id have a lot more respect for him if he had just said:

"Yes I have drank enough where sometimes I dont remember a section of the previous night. But I never drank so much that I wouldnt remember assaulting a woman."

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

I obviously wasn't there when/if these instances happened. 

I also find it odd that a President in his last year can not nominate a SC Judge, but one who is under federal investigation can.

It's the same standard that Kavanaugh will be using in his time on the court. It's not that a President can't nominate a judge in certain circumstances, it's that a Democrat can't. 

The American Bar Association, which both Kavanaugh himself and Lindsey Graham praised as "The gold standard" for evaluating judicial candidates, last night released a statement calling for a delay of the vote on him and an FBI investigation into this part of his background. To my knowledge none of the justices on the court have been confirmed without an ABA endorsement.

Lol, Dems walk out and start giving speeches to the press. Just so happens that 20 women suddenly appear behind the person giving the speech to give that great camera view. Not planned or anything...

The grandstanding on  both sides of this is just so fucking nauseating. This whole circus has been Exhibit A on the argument for term limits.

Just now, Jenksismyhero said:

Lol, Dems walk out and start giving speeches to the press. Just so happens that 20 women suddenly appear behind the person giving the speech to give that great camera view. Not planned or anything...

The grandstanding on  both sides of this is just so fucking nauseating. This whole circus has been Exhibit A on the argument for term limits.

I wonder if it is like a Trump rally where they get replaced if they aren't enthusiastic enough. 

13 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Democrats are just acting desperate. They know that none of the Republicans are likely to think independently or care that Kavanaugh possibly perjured himself. So what else can they do but create a circus?

As I said previously, they should have hired a prosecutor. Or they should have given their time to Blumenthal. But people like Booker have political careers to promote.

And I think what it shows is that the 60 votes for SC should never have been removed. It gives too much power to a slight majority. Because one day the Democrats may have president and 50 votes, and then they can jam whoever they want through.

Republicans broke the process, and I think fair minded Republicans need to start acknowledging that. 

Edited by Soxbadger

https://splinternews.com/kavanaugh-was-obsessed-with-right-wing-conspiracy-theor-1828855594

After that political speech about the Clintons, you can forget Dems not questioning every single decision he makes for the next 30-40 years.

“As inventive as they were vindictive, these partisans concocted all sorts of wild theories to explain why Mr. Foster could not have killed himself. According to one of Mr. Kavanaugh’s sources, Mr. Foster had been working for the National Security Agency and was being blackmailed by the Israelis over a secret Swiss bank account. Carpet fibers had been found on Mr. Foster’s clothing, which was proof positive that he was murdered, his body wrapped in a carpet and then dumped. Another charged that “long blonde hairs” on Mr. Foster’s clothing pointed to a cover-up.

[...]

He investigated the Swiss bank account connection, down to examining Mr. Foster’s American Express bills for flights to Switzerland. He meticulously examined the White House carpets, old and new. (By now, Mr. Foster had been dead four years.) He sent investigators in search of follicle specimens from Foster’s bereft, blonde, teenage daughter. (“We have Foster’s hair,” one agent working for Mr. Kavanaugh reported in triumph.)

Mr. Kavanaugh apparently took a special interest in Hillary Clinton’s bruited affair with Mr. Foster, a popular rumor in the fever swamps of the right. As he reported, his investigators “asked numerous people about it,” before he decided to ask Mrs. Clinton herself.”