AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

BaconOnAStick

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
Has Sands played yet? His is still the roll I just don't get where it will work. I'd rather have a long man for when Danks has his "nothing" starts.

I think Sands is here just to be a guy that still has some ceiling left. If he gets his chance he may finally deliver on the promise of his MiLB numbers. Also, he kills lefties and that'll serve a PH need down the road. He has shown he can grab a bat cold in small sample size (1.032 career ops as PH)

Edited by Jose Paniagua

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just don't see us of having a shortage of players who hit lefties well.

I feel like he'll get bonifacio playing time, not sure we need that. Honestly would probably rather have Leury just to have someone with 80 speed than him now that I realize how hard it will be for him to find time.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
Yeah, I just don't see us of having a shortage of players who hit lefties well.

I feel like he'll get bonifacio playing time, not sure we need that. Honestly would probably rather have Leury just to have someone with 80 speed than him now that I realize how hard it will be for him to find time.

I'd rather see our real prospects playing every day.

Phil Rogers ‏@philgrogers 2h2 hours ago

Mat Latos was impressive in his @whitesox debut. Won w/o velocity he used to build 3.27 ERA 2010-14. His FB averaged 89.9; was 92.5 in '15.

Oakland broadcasters made a point about how Latos was "pitching backwards,'' w/soft stuff in FB counts. Maybe, but he threw 61% fastballs.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
They were saying last time sox started off 3-1 was 2005

Whoever they is would be wrong... 2012 they were 3-1 also.

But man, it is weird to have fun watching the Sox this year... Last year was such a lazy team, good to see life in them.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
Whoever they is would be wrong... 2012 they were 3-1 also.

But man, it is weird to have fun watching the Sox this year... Last year was such a lazy team, good to see life in them.

2012 they weren't. We're 2-2 in first 4 games. Just looked it up, 2005 was the last time they went 3-1. Most seasons started 1-3 or 2-2

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
I think this being the first time in 61 years both the Sox and Cubs started out 2-0 is incredible. Even if you have a horrid team you could start out 2-0.

It is pretty crazy honestly. Even if you assign a 50/50 chance of winning and losing to each game, the random chances of it happening are 1 in 16 for each year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
I think this being the first time in 61 years both the Sox and Cubs started out 2-0 is incredible. Even if you have a horrid team you could start out 2-0.

Yeah, I mean just look at the undefeated 2016 Cincinnati Reds!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 32m32 minutes ago

Most surprising thing about Eaton for #WhiteSox GM Rick Hahn? That he's frequently criticized for minor "flaws"

assuming this is re: baserunning/arm strength