4/11 Game thread: @ Minnesota, 3:10pm, CSN/WLS

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:58 PM)
lol, come on, no one actually said he was the second coming of Miguel Cabrera. People said his swing was similar to Cabrera, which is not the same thing.

They called him Little Miggy didn't they?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:58 PM)
lol, come on, no one actually said he was the second coming of Miguel Cabrera. People said his swing was similar to Cabrera, which is not the same thing.

It was 100% looks related.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
I'm willing to give Avi some slack because he's still young. If he's still doing this when he's 28, then probably not.

Avi won't be playing baseball at 28. Not in the MLB anyways.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
Maybe, maybe not. The Sox apparently believe that he will, as they've had ample opportunity to include him in trade packages but have chosen to not do so.

Which trade packages did the Sox miss out on?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
Which trade packages did the Sox miss out on?

No, my point was that if the Sox didn't think that Avi was going to be a legit major league RF or DH, they probably would've dealt him by now (say, him in the Frazier deal instead of Trayce). But they didn't, and that seems to indicate that they're confident in him developing into every-day player.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
No, my point was that if the Sox didn't think that Avi was going to be a legit major league RF or DH, they probably would've dealt him by now (say, him in the Frazier deal instead of Trayce). But they didn't, and that seems to indicate that they're confident in him developing into every-day player.

Maybe....I know crazy idea...Whoever they were talking with didnt want him

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
Maybe....I know crazy idea...nobody they were talking with wanted him

But they wanted Trayce Thompson instead?

Look, the Sox clearly think that Avi is going to be an every-day ML player. Otherwise, he'd be in AAA right now.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)

Look, the Sox clearly think that Avi is going to be an every-day ML player. Otherwise, he'd be in AAA right now.

That's fine but that doesnt mean they are right. Defensively Thompson was light years ahead of Avi.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)

The Sox spent the entire winter trying to replace the guy, but don't think that Jerry Sands or Travis Ishikawa is a better option. I'd hardly call that a ringing endorsement.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:19 PM)
The Sox spent the entire winter trying to replace the guy, but don't think that Jerry Sands or Travis Ishikawa is a better option. I'd hardly call that a ringing endorsement.

Plus if he doesnt hit consistently they'll probably replace him at the DH spot