4/11 Game thread: @ Minnesota, 3:10pm, CSN/WLS

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:29 PM)
He would have been riding the pine had Drake Laroche not happened. Who the hell do you want dh'ing right now? You're seriously making no sense.

Also a very valid thought. At the very least we'd know who Robin likes least, Avi or LaRoche.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
Also a very valid thought. At the very least we'd know who Robin likes least, Avi or LaRoche.

I'm sure they would have been platooning(at least that would have made the most sense) so Avi could get some ab's against lefties where he does pretty decent.

I mean they essentially already began the process of replacing him even if you throw out all of the rumors of Gordon,Cespedes ect. They signed Jackson. Avi wont be seeing the OF much at all because he sucks defensively. If he cant hit well you think they wont hesitate at the deadline to get a better hitter at DH?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:29 PM)
It tells me they don't have better options, not that they think he is great. After the winter they had trying to replace him, that tells the rest of us what the Sox think of Avi.

I never said that they thought he was great. He's a work in progress. And, sure, who wouldn't want an All Star-caliber outfielder like Cespedes or Gordon instead of Avi? That's a no-brainer. Especially when your window for winning is now, and not two years from now.

The fact that the Sox were looking to replace a player doesn't mean that the player is awful or will undoubtedly be playing in Japan two years from now. It means that they were looking to get better. And there were several good outfielders on the FA market a few months ago.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:33 PM)
I never said that they thought he was great. He's a work in progress. And, sure, who wouldn't want an All Star-caliber outfielder like Cespedes or Gordon instead of Avi? That's a no-brainer. Especially when your window for winning is now, and not two years from now.

The fact that the Sox were looking to replace a player doesn't mean that the player is awful or will undoubtedly be playing in Japan two years from now. It means that they were looking to get better. And there were several good outfielders on the FA market a few months ago.

They brought in Austin Jackson to replace him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
They brought in Austin Jackson to replace him.

Defensively, at least. Jackson's also an improvement over Eaton in CF.

I'm sure the Sox believe that Avi is going to be more useful as a DH. They also missed an opportunity to bring in Loney to platoon with him, which I thought was strange.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)

I'm sure the Sox believe that Avi is going to be more useful as a DH. They also missed an opportunity to bring in Loney to platoon with him, which I thought was strange.

They didnt miss it. He has family in San Diego. Choose the Padres.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)

They did show interested him.