4/11 Game thread: @ Minnesota, 3:10pm, CSN/WLS

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Ha, love being a sox fan. Facing an 0-6 team and in unison we all say "ugh, advantage twins!"

It sucks, right? Sox have a better team with better (& different) players, with a better pitcher, yet all I can think about is how they are gonna blow this game, because it's Minnesota.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
It sucks, right? Sox have a better team with better (& different) players, with a better pitcher, yet all I can think about is how they are gonna blow this game, because it's Minnesota.

And it is Quintana, which means the offense sleeps tonight.

Navarro will be facing a righty. Hm. I am still not clear if the Sox are assigning catchers to pitchers somewhat, or if it's based on pro-offense matchups

Because of the disparity in the number of RH and LH starters, Navarro is inevitably going to face some RHP this year. Avila isn't going to start 120 games or whatever. You'll also have situations where there is a day game following a night game and you will have to go with two different catchers even if the opponents starters for those two games are both LHP or RHP.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
Navarro will be facing a righty. Hm. I am still not clear if the Sox are assigning catchers to pitchers somewhat, or if it's based on pro-offense matchups

Navarro has hit well vs LHP in his career but he is a switch hitter.

1. Adam Eaton (L) RF

2. Jimmy Rollins (S) SS

3. Jose Abreu ® 1B

4. Todd Frazier ® 3B

5. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

6. Brett Lawrie ® 2B

7. Avisail Garcia ® DH

8. Dioner Navarro (S) C

9. Austin Jackson ® CF

1. Brian Dozier ® 2B

2. Joe Mauer (L) 1B

3. Miguel Sano ® RF

4. Trevor Plouffe ® 3B

5. Byung Ho Park ® DH

6. Eddie Rosario (L) LF

7. Eduardo Escobar (S) SS

8. Kurt Suzuki ® C

9. Byron Buxton ® CF

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
Really wish he'd be getting some more ABs. Rollins hasn't really shown me much.

We need more of a sample size on JR though. That 2014 Rollins season is better than anything you can get from Saladino even from his fully realized ceiling. So you have to exhaust the small chance you can still get that '14 production from him. And it takes more than a handful of atbats to determine it.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
We need more of a sample size on JR though. That 2014 Rollins season is better than anything you can get from Saladino even from his fully realized ceiling. So you have to exhaust the small chance you can still get that '14 production from him. And it takes more than a handful of atbats to determine it.

That is highly debatable. (The defensive value Saladino brings plus his hitting that probably wouldn't be too much worse may be better than Rollins' overall production)

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)

Valid point. I just hope they arent afraid to pull the plug if he isn't getting the job done. In the games I've watched so far, he doesn't have all that great of range at SS. The bat could definitely show up to offset his defensive inadequacies.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
Valid point. I just hope they arent afraid to pull the plug if he isn't getting the job done. In the games I've watched so far, he doesn't have all that great of range at SS. The bat could definitely show up to offset his defensive inadequacies.

These are my feelings as well.