The Offense

harkness99

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
This is not a stat that tells us much but i thought it interesting to point out-- we are tied for #30 with Seattle in Total # of Players Used so far this year

More from baseball reference: their strength of schedule rating says all AL Central teams have faced (in sum) below-average opponents except Cleveland. KC's schedule has been the easiest.

Yeah, Frazier and Abreu definitely are due for a day off.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
We're actually 10th, although we're a couple extra runs scored from being 8th.

Must have seen that before B-R updated it.

3.71 runs per game. League average is 3.98 right now.

Would like to see the Sox play the next 50 games scoring 220 runs. That would probably lock down season long contention.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)
Must have seen that before B-R updated it.

3.71 runs per game. League average is 3.98 right now.

Would like to see the Sox play the next 50 games scoring 220 runs. That would probably lock down season long contention.

What's weird is there are 6 NL teams that have scored more runs than the top AL team. The last time an NL team scored the most runs in a season was the Mets in 1990.

What's weird is there are 6 NL teams that have scored more runs than the top AL team. The last time an NL team scored the most runs in a season was the Mets in 1990.

Half of the NL is tearing their teams down and rebuilding. Take a look at some of the pitching staffs being trotted out there it is a complete joke.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
Half of the NL is tearing their teams down and rebuilding. Take a look at some of the pitching staffs being trotted out there it is a complete joke.

I know but that was true last year too. The NL has a league ERA half a run higher than the AL right now, when it's usually the opposite. I know it's early but that's still a bit bizarre.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
I know but that was true last year too. The NL has a league ERA half a run higher than the AL right now, when it's usually the opposite. I know it's early but that's still a bit bizarre.

Probably because of the amount of really crappy teams.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
Probably because of the amount of really crappy teams.

The crappy teams ain't hitting either, the strong teams are just feasting.

I mean, the Reds are batting Brandon Phillips as their cleanup. Count our blessings.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
The crappy teams ain't hitting either, the strong teams are just feasting.

I mean, the Reds are batting Brandon Phillips as their cleanup. Count our blessings.

I saw this amazing stat: entering yesterday the Braves could hit 40 homeruns in a row and not surpass the Cardinals' OPS on the year. The NL is really a joke compared to the AL.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
I saw this amazing stat: entering yesterday the Braves could hit 40 homeruns in a row and not surpass the Cardinals' OPS on the year. The NL is really a joke compared to the AL.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw that McCutcheon hit more home runs yesterday than the braves had hit all season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
I' d be willing to bet that we do not finish the season with a team OPS of .613, considering even last year was .686.

This is why people shouldn't panic over a small sample size. In an 11 day span, the Sox team OPS has gone up from .613 to .701, without including tonights numbers, as guys like Frazier, Abreu, Austin Jackson and company have started to progress towards their career norms.