5/9 - White Sox @ Rangers Game Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Galveston!

Plus, Chili's originated in Texas, and they always serve Dr. Pepper, another Texas drink and the best soft drink in the world, haha.

The Alamo is cool to visit and obviously the Riverwalk, El Paso/Nuevo Lareda (a bit dangerous these days, though)...I'm going to be in Dallas for 3-4 days with family at the end of July and trying to think of things you can do with an 18 month old that won't be too draining due to the stifling heat that time of year.

DFW is boring as hell.

Austin's way better, but I'm biased.

It's pretty barren as a pro sports town, but there's a lot more cool and hip things to do in Austin.

Team is must watch right now. Very enjoyable. Leaving work a few minutes early to get home for first pitch. Mariners are doing well too here in Seattle (town is getting a bit excited) and it's another picture perfect 70 degree sunny day. As bad as spring as Chicago has had it's been that good here in the great PNW (as Hawk would say). Days are long, man. Sun's up at 5:30am and goes down at 8:30pm. We earn it being so damn far north. Some short ass days in the winter, goodness.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 9, 2016 -> 06:24 PM)
DFW is boring as hell.

Austin's way better, but I'm biased.

It's pretty barren as a pro sports town, but there's a lot more cool and hip things to do in Austin.

I love Austin...even though we don't have Uber or Lyft anymore :(

Definitely visit. It's worth it. You can take a few days here and drive to San Antonio for a day.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
RBI groundout to the pitcher? How did that happen?

He had to run a long way towards first base to make the play. It would have taken an absolutely perfect play to have a chance at Eaton at home. Not worth the risk.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
I love Austin...even though we don't have Uber or Lyft anymore :(

Definitely visit. It's worth it. You can take a few days here and drive to San Antonio for a day.

What happened to Uber? I went there late August for a Bachelor party.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:14 PM)

They left today cause the city didn't pass their ridesharing legislation.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:14 PM)
Uber and Lyft to leave Austin after failed vote

Basically, Uber and Lyft didn't want to meet city regulations. The city council gave in to lobbying from Uber and Lyft and had an election. Voters voted to force Uber and Lyft to regulate. Uber and Lyft spent $9 million to get the voters to support their method of background checks and circumvent the city government. Voters voted 56%-44% with the city so Uber and Lyft left this morning at 8 AM.

They tried to hold the voters ransom and it backfired big time. There's a huge ridesharing vacuum which I feel is likely to be filled soon.

Edited by AustinIllini