5/9 - White Sox @ Rangers Game Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 9, 2016 -> 08:39 PM)
What a weird thing to criticize Hawk for.

lol "the cubs are on offensive team".

lmao. They are amazing in all facets. Go read the fangraphs article today or hell watch some of their games even better. He saying they are "an offensive" team is incredibly ignorant. I'm so sick of Hawk and I grew up on the guy and used to love him.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
How does anyone ever get moved up in the lineup? On one hand you don't f*** with them if they're doing well. On the other if you suck you should be batting at the bottom.

Moving guys who are slumping is one thing. Putting more pressure on a young guy who has struggled with the game for his first years is playing with fire. Move a guy like Lawrie or Jackson. Not Avi.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
If Gonzalez has a solid outing, how much time does that buy him? Another start?

The trade deadline provided he doesn't completely fall apart like Danks. We have no one better (or ready).

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
Hawk saying Cubs aren't a good defensive team might be one of the most inaccurate things he has ever said

lol

He's not wrong in the sense that not everybody on that team wows you defensively, but as a unit, they're pretty damn good.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
lol "the cubs are on offensive team".

lmao. They are amazing in all facets. Go read the fangraphs article today or hell watch some of their games even better. He saying they are "an offensive" team is incredibly ignorant. I'm so sick of Hawk and I grew up on the guy and used to love him.

I didn't hear Hawk. But the way you phrased it made it sound like you were agreeing with him, yet still angry at him.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
What was wrong with that play? It was quicker to flip it from the glove, and he got the runner just in time.

He barely got him, too much can go wrong with flipping with the glove. He would have been better off under hand tossing it IMO

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 9, 2016 -> 08:40 PM)
What was wrong with that play? It was quicker to flip it from the glove, and he got the runner just in time.

absolutely no reason it was even close other than a 37 year old man on the field. I'm old too, fwiw. But if he can't hit, and he's not really hitting, he shouldn't be playing so much.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 10, 2016 -> 12:41 AM)
lol

He's not wrong in the sense that not everybody on that team wows you defensively, but as a unit, they're pretty damn good.

They are destroying everyone in defensive fWAR

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 9, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
I didn't hear Hawk. But the way you phrased it made it sound like you were agreeing with him, yet still angry at him.

hawk is the ultimate false dichotomy guy. In his old brain, there's usually only two modes and that is "on and "off". There's no room for nuance or complexity.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
Chris Young gave up 5 HR today? Holy s***...

About f***ing time. That dude just begs you to hit bombs every time he takes the mound. Throwing high and up at 88-89 MPH.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
About f***ing time. That dude just begs you to hit bombs every time he takes the mound. Throwing high and up at 88-89 MPH.

And yet they were all solo HR, he got lucky and unlucky at the same time. :D

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
They are destroying everyone in defensive fWAR

Not surprised. Russell, Rizzo, and Heyward are all premier defenders at their positions.