5/24 - Indians (Tomlin) @ Sox (Sale) - 7:10 PM

Dunt

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 24, 2016 -> 09:19 PM)
And Fathom just listed the 3 hardest positions to ACQUIRE in a line-up.

C/CF/SS

You could probably add pure leadoff hitter and #2 hitter in today's baseball environment. Left-handed hitting (Lillian shout out).

Thankfully, we should have SS covered with Anderson, but good luck with the other 2.

I think Jacob May is the CF next year. He can give you what Austin Jackson is.

How could a fan buy a Sox Avila jersey? My gosh, pick some guy from the past like Frank Thomas. Who would be an Avila fan? If he's got a Sox jersey on the market they must have all players including Carroll.

Boy oh boy. It's getting tough to watch these guys. Day after day, pitchers dominate our lineup and why? Because every pitcher we face is on his game that day? I doubt it. I think it's more likely that the offense simply is not intimidating, and pitchers know that all they have to do to win the game is throw strikes. Whatever this team had in the beginning of the year is gone. I do believe they will definitely go through another stretch where they win a ton of games, but with the good times also come the bad times like what we are seeing now. I'd really like to see a consistent competitive edge with this team, instead of looking like world beaters for awhile to turn into an absolute suckfest.

This is f***ing embarrassing. They were down by 4 runs. 4 RUNS! The other teams in the central can put up that amount of runs and pick up their ace. The bullpen even kept them in the game. Get pissed off and go win tomorrow or have a f***ing fun trip in KC.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:02 AM)
Don't care. Hit 9th and play defense. That's what they currently have and he's a better defender than Ajax.

To me, he's just not good enough to be a full time starter. I know he can give you what Jackson currently is, but what he currently is giving the Sox is mediocrity. I have always thought May is a 4th outfielder at best.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
How could a fan buy a Sox Avila jersey? My gosh, pick some guy from the past like Frank Thomas. Who would be an Avila fan? If he's got a Sox jersey on the market they must have all players including Carroll.

I kid you not I saw a Nieto jersey at the game tonight. I really hope it was just the guys last name.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ May 24, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
This is f***ing embarrassing. They were down by 4 runs. 4 RUNS! The other teams in the central can put up that amount of runs and pick up their ace. The bullpen even kept them in the game. Get pissed off and go win tomorrow or have a f***ing fun trip in KC.

I fully expect them to get it going on the road. I don't know why but I just feel like they need to get away.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:06 AM)
21,550 tonight.

Outdrawn by the Twins, somehow.

Like somebody said before, 20000 actually isn't a bad crowd for a week night. If we do that and 30000 on weekends, that's not too bad IMO.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:04 AM)

Offense has so many holes right now. There is nothing on the bench that can help, as do you really want to see Sands vs Kluber?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
I fully expect them to get it going on the road. I don't know why but I just feel like they need to get away.

You better be right. Some of these guys are an absolute embarrassment and need to wake up soon. Avila sucks and the team doesn't bat together as a team. It's like they have a cold and haven't hit together as a ball club for three weeks. Wake the hell up or I'll have to yell out like the old thread used to say - Motherf***ing b****ass Passionless White Sox!

Edited by SpankyEaton

Another game another desultory offensive performance.

You knew sooner or later Sale was going to lose but to Cleveland which is now a game and a half back...that makes it worse.

4-10 since the Texas Two-Step Night where they blew a five run lead in the 8th inning.

Mark

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:10 PM)
Offense has so many holes right now. There is nothing on the bench that can help, as do you really want to see Sands vs Kluber?

No, I want to see Navarro versus Kluber and Avila riding the bench until he learns to hit again.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
Spanky, I'm not sure that's called for, lol...

They're still in 1st by 1 1/2 games. I don't think anyone expected to run away with the AL Central.

It's not called for but it makes me feel better, lol...they better start acting like they want to contend.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:10 AM)

I wonder if the "new blood" on the team would admit the squad quit after the Robin/Caroll implosion in Texas. It shouldn't take 2-3 weeks to get over one loss.