Game thread: 5/27 Let's do it Again!

he gone.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2016 -> 02:47 AM)
Burning up the two reliable guys in the first game of a series is not a smart idea. Of course if anyone else in the pen were actually doing their jobs, this wouldn't be an issue.

Then why even warm up Jones at all in the 7th? Facing one extra batter isn't going to ruin him for the weekend.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
When we busted the perfect game and scored five, I sorta thought this could be the reverse of that Rangers disaster. Ya know, demotivated us after that huge de motivation. Little did I know it would end up being the Royals' version of that game.

Well unfortunately it's taken the front office way too long to realize they had someone in charge of the club that was in way over his head.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
This is Robin's thought process and it is a VERY bad one. Worry about the game in front of you, especially when the team is collapsing. Cross tomorrow's bridges when you get to them.

So everyone could cry for Robin to be fired when he burned up the pen? I can see it is irrational theater tonight in the game thread. You guys have fun wasting another night.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
Between Ventura, Hahn, Cooper and Steverson....they all could leave tomorrow and the organization wouldn't suffer. Ventura is choking worse than he did at the end of 2012.

You got that right. Ventura is a joke, Cooper is an overrated big-mouth, Steverson has done NOTHING to improve this team, and Hahn is just a smooth talker with an Ivy League degree (kudo to him for that, however). Additionally, I can't wait until the day this team has some new ownership. An ownership group that treats this team as the big market investment it is, and spends some money. Want people to come to the damn games?...WIN. I am getting very tired of taking the scraps of other teams, getting bargain basement FA deals, etc. It all has just gotten so damn old.

Edited by soxfan85

So everyone could cry for Robin to be fired when he burned up the pen? I can see it is irrational theater tonight in the game thread. You guys have fun wasting another night.

And if the Sox just get run out of the building tomorrow I'm sure the Sox will be very glad they "saved" Nate Jones.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:42 AM)
I hate this team, and I hate this coach. Watching this awful baseball season after season, watching this awful coach season after season, is getting ridiculous. Trade Sale & Quintana to a damn team that can win something, they deserve it. They are wasting their talent with this crappy organization. I wouldn't trust our FO and scouting to get a proper return for them, either. That is how inept they are at anything.

Please quit! Go circa walk or something

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)

You use your best reliever when the situation dictates it.

Let the lesser guys go in with the bases empty, nevermind the inning.