Game thread: 5/27 Let's do it Again!

he gone.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:32 AM)
Still annoyed Rollins was like 5 feet from 2nd when Escobar was up. How many times so far vs the Sox has he already hit the ball in the 5-6 hole? I get being at DP depth but he was way too far up the middle.

He shouldn't be playing everyday. There is absolutely no difference between his and Saladino's bat. Why not play the younger player with the better glove?

Pure stupidity

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ May 27, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
Might as well try Coats anyways. Can't be worse than Sands. He's not a future regular either, so it isn't as though he needs to be getting regular at bats.

I would try him out too. I just wouldn't have faith in giving that much time to many young guys in a year we try to compete. However, if we continue playing like this the next month/month and a half, I'd rather see guys come up.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 27, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)
We are in firsr place still

I predict we will finish 3rd in the Division.

Hopefully they will make me eat crow... lets try some reverse karma.

But yeah I'm expecting 3rd in the division.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:42 AM)
I knew they'd blow this game the instant they got the lead.

I knew it was over when Rollins didn't throw to first and the bags were loaded. I also had an inkling when Hosmer responded to us getting the lead with that solo homer. Curse of our bullpen.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:44 AM)
Seriously Robin should be sent home after this game. I mean it's way too obvious he's a major issue.

At 23-10 I thought we had a winner in Robin. We were rattling off win after win and I thought he'd aged nicely into a top manager.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:51 AM)
Boy is Abreu suddenly a lard ass bag of nada

That made me laugh for some reason. Kind of a funny sentence.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:52 AM)
This team quit.

Yep. The night of the Rangers game the season was over.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:53 AM)
The second you saw Albers coming into this game you knew what was coming. At least with Purke or Kahnle there is some doubt that the lead will be blown, with Albers there is none. Albers is the definition of a gas can.

True. I firmly believe they should put Albers on the DL and send him down and get him to lose 20 pounds. Seriously. He may have 'some' ability; give up on him now and get the body sculpted better.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:56 AM)
Well...at least Im not from Missouri. In a way its impossible to come out of KC a "loser" relative to these yokels who are from there.

That's kind of harsh. Kansas is a s***ty state because of Brownback and the bizarre weather but ??

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:04 AM)
Except when you predict disaster every single time Albers and Duke enter and are right more than 75% of the time.

Have to TRY something different.

I don't care if Duke's getting paid $5 million or whatever this season and next to get out lefties. He's not getting the job done for a pretty good stretch now.

Tigers are on their way to being 2 1/2 games back.

Who cares about the Tigers? Scoreboard watching is dumb this time of year. We've already shown we're not a contender. The only victory formula for this team was the formula used during our hot streak and odds of that were slim to continue. That is ... have INCREDIBLE starting pitching, not just good. Then you rely on your relievers for just an out or two plus three from the closer. Also good to great defense. The hitting sucked even when we were hot. Once the pitching dropped down from INCREDIBLE to average (bullpen way below average) this team started to lose and lose big. This team actually blows. No margin for error unless starting pitching was like it was for a month. Unusually amazing. Now it blows.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:20 AM)
That April looks like fool's gold. Honestly it is hard to judge a team after the first month since guys are still finding their groove and getting in the swing of things (no pun intended).

I liked 23-10 but didn't care about the standings. There were over 100 games left for gosh sakes. Meant nothing.

QUOTE (harkness @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:40 AM)

Tigers are better IMO. Deeper lineup

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
I knew it was over when Rollins didn't throw to first and the bags were loaded. I also had an inkling when Hosmer responded to us getting the lead with that solo homer. Curse of our bullpen.

At 23-10 I thought we had a winner in Robin. We were rattling off win after win and I thought he'd aged nicely into a top manager.

That made me laugh for some reason. Kind of a funny sentence.

Yep. The night of the Rangers game the season was over.

True. I firmly believe they should put Albers on the DL and send him down and get him to lose 20 pounds. Seriously. He may have 'some' ability; give up on him now and get the body sculpted better.

That's kind of harsh. Kansas is a s***ty state because of Brownback and the bizarre weather but ??

Who cares about the Tigers? Scoreboard watching is dumb this time of year. We've already shown we're not a contender. The only victory formula for this team was the formula used during our hot streak and odds of that were slim to continue. That is ... have INCREDIBLE starting pitching, not just good. Then you rely on your relievers for just an out or two plus three from the closer. Also good to great defense. The hitting sucked even when we were hot. Once the pitching dropped down from INCREDIBLE to average (bullpen way below average) this team started to lose and lose big. This team actually blows. No margin for error unless starting pitching was like it was for a month. Unusually amazing. Now it blows.

I liked 23-10 but didn't care about the standings. There were over 100 games left for gosh sakes. Meant nothing.

Agree. I don't watch the standings until second half to be honest. It doesn't really mean anything the first half especially the first month.

QUOTE (harkness @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:40 AM)

Royals will win it again, thanks in part to how they dominate the Sox BTW; can't believe they didn't play a DH today to sweep us while they are hot and we are not.

Cleveland will take second, only missing playoffs by a whisker

Detroit will take third; they get to play us 19 times, folks

Sox fourth

Twins fifth

Only way this changes if we bring up Anderson and Davidson and they turn into phenoms and re-ignite the flame and get the South Side excited while at the same time acquiring a starter and another team's (a seller's) closer to go with Robertson on the back end.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2016 -> 10:32 PM)
Still annoyed Rollins was like 5 feet from 2nd when Escobar was up. How many times so far vs the Sox has he already hit the ball in the 5-6 hole? I get being at DP depth but he was way too far up the middle.

The mind boggling thing is that Rollins should be out of the game for defensive reasons late. The stupidity of this team has become something.

QUOTE (aryzner @ May 28, 2016 -> 05:02 AM)

I'd forgotten Nick Cage has been in so many intense scenes. What was the deal with him reading the alphabet there? What kinda movie was that one?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:09 AM)
The mind boggling thing is that Rollins should be out of the game for defensive reasons late. The stupidity of this team has become something.

It would be insulting to the Hall of Famer (Hawk's words) if you took him out late for defense. He was a dumb pickup. He's too old.

Thoughts.

This team. Has managed to suck the joy out of 6 weeks of strong play. Unraveling it all in a 17 game stretch.

Rollins - Absolutely horrendous he didn't throw that ball. I watched replay 5 times. No way he at least doesn't have a shot. I think he was thinking two, then when he looked and saw it was gone, that cost him time to throw to first. But he had nothing to lose by throwing. that non play was a fire ignitor.

Abreu - Another K with runners in scoring position. I'd rather Frazier up late because he has shown clutch-ness. Abreu has not. Crazy idea: What would Abreu bring in a trade. He's 29 already. Slow and doughy. Poor D. That gonna get better in future years. Cash in now. Get a package of ready now players or soon to be.

The Pen- Horrendous. Fat Albers is filling up the zone with hittable pitches. Duke is junk. Jennings is also junk. Pen needs two more arms, not one.

Gonzalez - two good games in a row and it's a damn shame neither were wins.

Catchers - i hated flowers. i really did .And i don't want him back. but navarro and avila are not doing even close to enough on offense. it was a wash. not an upgrade.

Lawrie. Plate discipline. Stop forgetting it. He'll be back in the .240s in a week.

Jerry Sands: I agree with everyone else. He offers nothing. Our bench brings nothing to the table. I'd rather Davidson up. He can sub in 3rd and first.

QUOTE (ronkark @ May 28, 2016 -> 12:42 AM)
Thoughts.

This team. Has managed to suck the joy out of 6 weeks of strong play. Unraveling it all in a 17 game stretch.

Rollins - Absolutely horrendous he didn't throw that ball. I watched replay 5 times. No way he at least doesn't have a shot. I think he was thinking two, then when he looked and saw it was gone, that cost him time to throw to first. But he had nothing to lose by throwing. that non play was a fire ignitor.

Abreu - Another K with runners in scoring position. I'd rather Frazier up late because he has shown clutch-ness. Abreu has not. Crazy idea: What would Abreu bring in a trade. He's 29 already. Slow and doughy. Poor D. That gonna get better in future years. Cash in now. Get a package of ready now players or soon to be.

The Pen- Horrendous. Fat Albers is filling up the zone with hittable pitches. Duke is junk. Jennings is also junk. Pen needs two more arms, not one.

Gonzalez - two good games in a row and it's a damn shame neither were wins.

Catchers - i hated flowers. i really did .And i don't want him back. but navarro and avila are not doing even close to enough on offense. it was a wash. not an upgrade.

Lawrie. Plate discipline. Stop forgetting it. He'll be back in the .240s in a week.

Jerry Sands: I agree with everyone else. He offers nothing. Our bench brings nothing to the table. I'd rather Davidson up. He can sub in 3rd and first.

They didn't give Frazier a chance to drive in runs there, they definitely wanted to face Abreu.

In terms of trade value, it wouldn't be worth considering trading either him or Fulmer.

QUOTE (ronkark @ May 28, 2016 -> 01:42 AM)
Thoughts.

The magic "3 yr plan" called for the "core". (Abreu Sale Eaton Robertson) to remain in intact thru 2017. Remember?

While everyone gets all crazy, I'm gonna sit back and relax. According to Kenny we're only in yr 2 of the plan. It's all working like a well-oiled machine

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 27, 2016 -> 11:34 PM)
He shouldn't be playing everyday. There is absolutely no difference between his and Saladino's bat. Why not play the younger player with the better glove?

Pure stupidity

But there is a difference in his and Saladino's contract. I'll bet Robin would like to see Rollins released so he is not stuck w him.