Nationals (Scherzer) @ Sox (Shields)

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:24 PM)
Yeah....give it a year or two of 70 win teams like you're asking for, you're going to be singing a different tune.

I don't disagree with your premise, but it's not that simple, and you're basically admitting you are just sick of what you are watching and want something different, anything different.

If it was a 70 win team with young potential in the minors (like the 2014 Cubs), I'd absolutely watch that and be confident that the team had a chance to improve in the future.

Watching the Sox these days, that just isn't the case. Besides Anderson, the rest of the farm system has been very disappointing this year; and even Anderson isn't a sure thing.

The Sox are in a tough position in the sense that they have legit talent at the MLB level (albeit, not enough to be an elite team), but have very little talent in the lower levels. If the big league sucks (like they have lately), then the organization is f***ed from top to bottom.

It sucks, but it didn't have to be like this. Jerry/Kenny/Hahn created this disaster and now they have to deal with the consequences of a very poor team and an angry fanbase.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 02:31 AM)
And what exactly is there for the fans to be energized about?

You left before the fourth inning?? Wow. That is pretty serious stuff. On a summer night? You musta really been disgusted.

What's the deal with the concessions closed? What's that about? Tiny crowds?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
If it was a 70 win team with young potential in the minors (like the 2014 Cubs), I'd absolutely watch that and be confident that the team had a chance to improve in the future.

Watching the Sox these days, that just isn't the case. Besides Anderson, the rest of the farm system has been very disappointing this year; and even Anderson isn't a sure thing.

The Sox are in a tough position in the sense that they have legit talent at the MLB level (albeit, not enough to be an elite team), but have very little talent in the lower levels. If the big league sucks (like they have lately), then the organization is f***ed from top to bottom.

It sucks, but it didn't have to be like this. Jerry/Kenny/Hahn created this disaster and now they have to deal with the consequences of a very poor team and an angry fanbase.

Do they even have enough legit talent to be considered a "good team?"

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
You left before the fourth inning?? Wow. That is pretty serious stuff. On a summer night? You musta really been disgusted.

What's the deal with the concessions closed? What's that about? Tiny crowds?

On a work night, I would totally leave early from a game like this. I however don't go during the weekdays anymore.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
I've never left a baseball game before the 4th inning. Today I did. That stadium was a disaster. Concession stands closed, no energy from the fans, Nationals almost had as many fans as the Sox did, etc. Despicable.

My buddy and I got hyped to buy tickets to the game tomorrow over a month ago. Let's just say I am happy we didn't buy the tickets ahead of time.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:37 PM)
Unbelievable.

Remember: trades people like = Rick Hahn.

Trades people don't like = All Kenny's fault.

I'm at the point of getting rid of both and the entire coaching staff.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 02:33 AM)
Ah the team meeting. Lol

This may sound dumb, but there should have been a team meeting right after the choke vs. Texas. At that point we had a GREAT baseball team. Some veteran shoulda said, "I don't want this motherf***ing game to influence us the rest of this f***ing season!! I've seen it hurt teams before! Go to the hotel. Get drunk if you want! Come here tomorrow ready to play!!"

Instead, the "book" says you treat all losses the same. Act the same way after wins and losses. Predictably, that ended our season. Can't head things off in baseball. It's a marathon you know.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
And what exactly is there for the fans to be energized about?

I just mean that 7:07 hits, the god damn pregame promo can barely be heard, no more Thunderstruck, some dopes yelling "play ball." No s***. I wasn't energized, and the Sox didn't help with their audio and s***, but if you are going to go and sit down and be silent, stay home.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
He's only been in the organization since 2012 and the system has improved since then, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Sox farm system ranking:

16' rank 23

15' rank 20

14' rank 24

13' rank 29

12' rank 30

11' rank 27

so yeah by the bare minimum definition of getting better, i suppose youre right. And throw in (i believe) a few top 5 draft picks recently to boot.

QUOTE (AmericanLeagueFan @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
Sox farm system ranking:

16' rank 23

15' rank 20

14' rank 24

13' rank 29

12' rank 30

11' rank 27

so yeah by the bare minimum definition of getting better, i suppose youre right. And throw in (i believe) a few top 5 draft picks recently to boot.

1 top five pick.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
I just mean that 7:07 hits, the god damn pregame promo can barely be heard, no more Thunderstruck, some dopes yelling "play ball." No s***. I wasn't energized, and the Sox didn't help with their audio and s***, but if you are going to go and sit down and be silent, stay home.

Yeah, I still can't believe they got rid of Thunderstruck. Really, really sad. Used to be so much fun.

Haven't been to a game at the Cell in a few years.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
That's fine that you believe that, but Kenny has always had a hardon for Shields. He absolutely was the man behind this trade.

Conspiracy at it's best. I think it was the administrative assistant to JR.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
I just want a good baseball team again. I miss it.

We'll always have April, 2016.

Now added to the 117 days in 2012, and the year they went 26-5 around the break.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:42 PM)
In theory, a team with Sale/Quintana/Rodon/Eaton/Abreu/Frazier/Lawrie/Cabrera/Robertson all relatively in their primes should be good...unfortunately, that isn't the case.

A team with avilla, avi, sands, Rollins in starting lineup should be in last.