Zack Collins agrees to deal with White Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
Here is a fact that will cause irrational fans to freak out/hate him....... based off of who he follows on twitter, he appears to be a Cubs fan, just like Zack Burdi. He follows about 6 or 7 different Cubs players.

I think I read somewhere he grew up a Marlins fan.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
That could be to avoid someone getting in trouble since he isn't even eligible to be signed yet.

Thats certainly a possibility. Also could be that the Sox are going to try to save some money at that spot to use later as well. Could be they trim enough money to offer Medoza a couple million in the 11th round.

Love all I've read about the bat. As far as catching. Hm. Thats a tough one. We haven't had good D catcher in a long long time. No flowers was not. No one can contain run game either. So it does worry me you have him at C and Anderson at SS who is sub par defensively. Not to mention Abreu. lot of pressure on all others to be elite.

BUT I love the idea of a catch who is a plus bat. That is huge.

QUOTE (ronkark @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
Love all I've read about the bat. As far as catching. Hm. Thats a tough one. We haven't had good D catcher in a long long time. No flowers was not. No one can contain run game either. So it does worry me you have him at C and Anderson at SS who is sub par defensively. Not to mention Abreu. lot of pressure on all others to be elite.

BUT I love the idea of a catch who is a plus bat. That is huge.

Throwing for a catcher these days isn't hat large of a concern. The stolen base is going the way of the Do do bird.

If his bat is that good, you probably don't want him catching much anyways.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Thanks Q.

That was a mistake pitch and Collins didn't miss it. 93 mph straight as f*** belt high up and on the inner half. That's the worst pitch I've seen Dunn throw actually. ( Shows how little of him I've seen too. )

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
He's got a little waggle in his swing there, but obviously it didn't stop him from turning around that pitch.

That was my concern with Collins when I started looking at his swing. The hands. Why not keep them stationary and just go straight to the ball.