2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
Dude will be 35 and a half this time next summer. Pretty sure big time FAs aren't going to be wooed by Wade.

If only Dirk hadn't re-signed!

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m2 minutes ago

Jimmy Butler and Rajon Rondo have been recruiting Dwyane Wade to Chicago, according to sources close to situation.

7 retweets 2 likes

Younger and athletic baby.

The league is all about 3 point shooting.

Rondo - 36.5 (28.9% career)

Wade - 15.9%

Butler - 31.2%

yowsa

Who cares. Sign him. It will make for a better NBA 2k season for me AND show the ineptitude of this front office.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
Rondo and Wade?

This is the worst offseason ever from an emotional standpoint.

I f***ing hate Wade.

It hasn't happened yet. I'm still betting he winds up back in Miami.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:06 AM)
IMO it's clear as day. He's using these teams for leverage with Miami. I'd be stunned if he left. Then again, I said I'd be stunned if Durant left OKC.

I don't know how Miami comes up with the $$ though. They don't have it.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:06 AM)
IMO it's clear as day. He's using these teams for leverage with Miami. I'd be stunned if he left. Then again, I said I'd be stunned if Durant left OKC.

Everyone knows he is using other teams as leverage, but after he got the 2 for 40 he was looking for from Miami he was still looking so for him to get more years/money from miami the threat has to appear to be credible.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
Everyone knows he is using other teams as leverage, but after he got the 2 for 40 he was looking for from Miami he was still looking so for him to get more years/money from miami the threat has to appear to be credible.

If it's a 3 year partial guarantee, then maybe. I just don't see it

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
That would be just brilliant. Dump a $20 million injury prone guard that needs the ball just to add an older, more expensive injury prone guard that needs the ball.

After adding a point guard who dominates the ball that can't shoot or score.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
It hasn't happened yet. I'm still betting he winds up back in Miami.

It doesn't even matter if he signs. It's that the Bulls front office think he would be a signing that would fit their strategy of building the bulls into a championship contender.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
Is there any chance that they think Wade gives them the best chance at landing another max player next summer?

That is literally the only good reason to look at Wade. Is he superfriends with Russ, or maybe AD?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m2 minutes ago

Jimmy Butler and Rajon Rondo have been recruiting Dwyane Wade to Chicago, according to sources close to situation.

7 retweets 2 likes

Wait, players recruit other players? Since when?

/DRose probably

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
That is literally the only good reason to look at Wade. Is he superfriends with Russ, or maybe AD?

I presume that is why we are looking at wade. He is still a good player, but do agree our spacing would have issues. I presume this is more the cred of having jimmy and wade pitching a max guy vs any alternative.

If bulls sign wade, I think the plan would be for them to grab Chris paul or Westbrook and buy out rondo and then a year later when wade comes off the books they would look to bring in another star with Paul and Butler recruiting. Either way I think people realize recruiting matters a ton and wade has a ton of street cred and a year from now I think the Bulls know they will have an easier time pitching buckets and wade to potential free agents vs buckets on his own with space for potentially two deals.

Just watch, we will sign Paul and then Lebron will leave Cleveland two years from now to team up with buckets and a ring chasing wade!