2016-2017 NBA Thread

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 2m2 minutes ago

Chicago remains significantly involved in Dwyane Wade pursuit, league sources tell @TheVertical. No meeting today has no bearing on status.

Good thing they screwed that up by not getting to the meeting today!

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 04:20 PM)
Yes, to anyone with logic it is. s*** happens...even to exec's. They could be flying the greatest plane in the world and still be grounded from flying. I'm sure the president misses things due to weather, other events, too. Sometimes stuff happens. And I'm relatively certain Wade had a select window, so unless it could happen during that time, it wasn't happening today. No harm in what the Bulls did, unless you really think they just didn't plan anything, walked to the aiport and were in shock that you can't buy tickets right there or that you don't have availability (I mean, really....really, you seriously believe that).

But I'm going to guess Bmags has never been on a flight that has been delayed or better yet, been to an airport which literally had an outage and no flights were going out (chartered & commercial). I don't even know what the circumstances were, but stuff happens.

That would be amazing except none of those things happened today, you guys have great hypotheticals.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
http://www.blogabull.com/2016/7/6/12105724...hy-not#comments

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/upda...ht-got-delayed/

twitter.com

You know, places that one could easily find if they followed the bulls.

LOL. So no one of consequence, just internet trolls. Gotcha. If I were GarPax i'd be worried that people leaving comments on blogs are not pleased.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 04:53 PM)
I'm sorry but Twitter is full of trolls and dumbasses looking for attention.

Like message boards.

It's also a great tool for news.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
LOL. So no one of consequence, just internet trolls. Gotcha. If I were GarPax i'd be worried that people leaving comments on blogs are not pleased.

I'll take YFBB and Ricky over KC Johnson anyday. Blogabull is by far the best Bulls news site. Twitter, yes, I guess if you follow trolls, but tweets like this that come out after were commonplace:

https://twitter.com/ChrisKuc/status/750761110681165824

But yes, if I was Garpax I would be worried about how fans are viewing the organization. The comments sections on SBnation sites are not different than this message board.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
I'll take YFBB and Ricky over KC Johnson anyday. Blogabull is by far the best Bulls news site. Twitter, yes, I guess if you follow trolls, but tweets like this that come out after were commonplace:

https://twitter.com/ChrisKuc/status/750761110681165824

But yes, if I was Garpax I would be worried about how fans are viewing the organization. The comments sections on SBnation sites are not different than this message board.

The thing is they will still draw 20k a night next year. Bulls fans are like Cub fans.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 02:26 PM)
Great made-up hypothetical!

I have another one. What if the Bulls were a well run organization that met with targeted free agents and weren't a PR disaster.

These are fun!

Dude...what made up hypothetical. What I told you is real and legitimate. You live in a world that planes never get delayed and people never end up being late. Is your only point in this that the Bulls should have lied and just said they had to reschedule vs. anything else? Either way, they aren't directly commenting on this so it would be hard for them to "control" that message. You are to the point where you want to find everything and anything to blame the Bulls for. Its fine, but I'm just telling you there is no rational point behind how far gone you've went.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
http://www.blogabull.com/2016/7/6/12105724...hy-not#comments

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/upda...ht-got-delayed/

twitter.com

You know, places that one could easily find if they followed the bulls.

Yes, you have confirmed my point. Whiny fans who have no idea how things operate in the real world.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)
The thing is they will still draw 20k a night next year. Bulls fans are like Cub fans.

I don't know. There are 40 bulls games over what, 6 months? 20k per stadium, games always on weeknights or weekends.

I'm amazed there are cities where they don't sell out basketball games in the NBA. If they can't support that there has got to be places that can.

There is no way to hit JReinsdorf in the pocketbook with the bulls. Their global pull is too great, and the money that arrives too guaranteed. But if Virginia McCaskey can be swayed by having a season blow-up to laughingstock status, maybe Jerry can too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
Ray Allen reportedly coming out of retirement to suit up for the Warriors.

And it begins...

This is ridiculous. He's 41. He'll be a detriment to the Warriors. Does anybody really think he'll be good? And Wade? Pass on him. He's also getting old and is good but not some unabashed superstar anymore.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 05:19 PM)
By the way guys, I'm semi serious, I totally could see Chris Paul, Wade, Lebron and maybe even Melo teaming up at some point to try and be the "good" guys in a battle vs. the hated Warriors. .

The Warriors didn't even win it; Cleveland did. I don't think the Warriors are locks next year just cause they got Durant. Only way they'll win it all is if Curry/Klay do indeed take a back seat to Kevin. Law of averages had some of those ridiculous threes miss this season. Remember how badly Curry played at the end of that series? Behind the back pass out of bounds. Finally missing key 40 to 45 foot threes? Golden State got 1 title so far. Nothing to sweat yet.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
I don't know. There are 40 bulls games over what, 6 months? 20k per stadium, games always on weeknights or weekends.

I'm amazed there are cities where they don't sell out basketball games in the NBA. If they can't support that there has got to be places that can.

There is no way to hit JReinsdorf in the pocketbook with the bulls. Their global pull is too great, and the money that arrives too guaranteed. But if Virginia McCaskey can be swayed by having a season blow-up to laughingstock status, maybe Jerry can too.

The lowest attendance the Bulls have seen since the UC was built was just over 18,900, despite having some truly awful teams in that stretch. They haven't been under 20k since 2003-2004. They will be full.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 3m3 minutes ago

Sources: In last few hours, Bulls calling teams to unload contracts, trying to create space to sign Dwyane Wade. Wade is serious about them.

I hope the Bulls trade Taj and Dunleavy to contenders then Wade resigns with the Heat lolol.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 3m3 minutes ago

Sources: In last few hours, Bulls calling teams to unload contracts, trying to create space to sign Dwyane Wade. Wade is serious about them.

I hope the Bulls trade Taj and Dunleavy to contenders then Wade resigns with the Heat lolol.

Anyone trade they make would be contingent on Wade signing...