2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
If this was 2010, I'd be ecstatic right now. 34 year old Wade (he'll be 35 in January) meh.. at least I'll watch this Bulls team for entertainment purposes.

This is where I'm at right now and hoping it somehow helps land a big ticket FA next year

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Update (9:52 p.m.): Woj reports that the Heat and Bulls gave Wade similar offers, yet he chose Chicago anyway:

They are really having to kick themselves for offering the guy barely more than what Etwan Moore got to start with.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
2nd round picks free up the most cap room.

How are rookie contracts scaling vs the cap increase? If it's not much, even a 30th pick should be come pretty damn valuable if you could grab even a semblance of a role player for a cheap price, long term control, and basically doesn't count against the cap with how high it's gotten.

Just a reminder that no more of this bulls*** "I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out or whatever, but I think a lot of people don't understand that when I sit out it's not because of this year. I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore. Or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. I'm just learning and being smart."

I think it's pretty neat Wade has decided to end his career in Chicago. It's a nice story and if can stay healthy, he's still a productive player. Obviously he's not worth that kind of money, but who cares about that? NBA has entered a new era of salaries and it's just Monopoly money anyway.

Somebody start a D. Wade appreciation thread. I think it's cool he's back in town. If somehow the Bulls gel and make the Eastern Conference finals, that would be amazing.

Appreciation Threads are supposed to be for someone at the end of their career with a team...."pre-emptive" appreciation before he's even laced up his sneakers?

For his play in HS or for Marquette?

It's weird sometimes how similar the White Sox and Bulls can be....if it was 4-5 years ago, more fans would be elated. Of course, he probably wouldn't be so available, either.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
2nd round picks free up the most cap room.

Yeah just talking swapped picks or rights, but to your point not sure that matters on cap because that would be next year.