2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
not that he is wrong, but have fun in China, Rajon. If you weren't officially blacklisted as a clubhouse irritant/cancer before, you are now

I do agree with the fact that none of this should have gotten out to the media. I also agree the fact that all of this is going on, further rips into the fact that Hoiberg has zero control of anything going on. Rondo didn't say anything wrong in his post, that said, what a circus that all of this is happening in the public eye. If there is one thing common between JR's franchises it seems to be the circus act going on between the players, coaches, and front office. With the Sox it was the whole Laroche / Sale / Eaton stuff (plus the t-shirt thing) and this with the Bulls (and obviously previously the messy Thibs saga).

Embarassing and if I were JR, I'd be pissed.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 04:05 PM)
Jimmy and Wade pulled a dick move going to the press last night with the we did our jobs no one else did theirs BS. That is not leadership. Rondo, IMO, has the correct thinking, but putting it on Instagram was a dick move as well. What a mess of a franchise. Your move, Gar.

Yep. I hadn't realized they aired all that stuff in the media earlier, I thought it got leaked to them....now I realize they just put everyone on blast that way...which was a bad call. Rondo's was a bad call too, but more importantly, this has got to be irritating JR that the Bulls can't stay out of this type of press over the past couple of years. What a freaking train wreck this show is. For those that were team blow it all up, you probably should celebrate the Rondo / Wade signings as they might have driven the Bulls to implode everything.

I think Rondo's blast had more to do with Wade then Butler. Wade has taken days off practice, taken plays off, and from some other reports, it sounds like they already had a lot of run-ins. Butler jumping in after Wade started the process, I think was him backing up his best friend and a vet who has taken Jimmy under his wing. Such a s*** show.

Apparently all of this is getting a ton of play on NBA pregame show. Shaq burying Hoiberg and Chuck and others slamming Bulls leaders and siding with Rondo. You can't just sit around quietly...maybe the lack of a statement is a good thing because JR is so pissed he's working on what / who he is going to hold accountable and thus he is waiting till everything is finalized before coming out with something.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 05:08 PM)
I'm on team Rondo here.

What he said was better...but he did the same thing he said vets aren't supposed to do...which is blast everything public. They are all wrong but all of this is further evidence of the massive issues that already exist, whether it is the lack of leadership and accountability from the head coach to the disasterous roster building of the front office. Changes need to be made...period. Can't all happen over night, but the Bulls need to wise up.

One other thing I will say is, I have no idea how often Butler / Wade had already given some sort of strong message to the team in a non-public fashion so maybe they view it as, we've talked to them privately about expecting more and weren't seeing it so they finally went to this new extreme and went further.

To be honest, I think Rondo could just as well have is own self interest and looking at this as the perfect opportunity to get a ticket out of here.

I would think there is at least a chance that Gar/Hoiberg are gone before they play tomorrow.

The worst part of all of this is, you know how we had a lousy reputation to get free agents, dating back to the Jordan era....Wade was going to help that. Now if he comes here and walks away after a year telling everyone what a cluster this organization is...it will take a long time and some major changes until that stigma goes away.

Evidently Rondo has been close with the young players on the Bulls roster (dating back to when he was out at the summer league with some of them). KC Johnson indicating that the young players on the team like Rondo a lot. Friedell blasting front office saying everything is their fault. They kept Rondo around after benching him, etc (despite no one clearly communicating him) and knew the potential consequences to keeping him around and further, they were the ones who built the team with this flawed roster and who hired the coach.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 05:13 PM)
I think I miss Tim Floyd?

Floyd could coach. He didn't work in the NBA, but Floyd has legitimate coaching talent. Del Negro and Hoiberg don't have that talent. Hoiberg could recruit in college and that helped him...at the NBA level he is getting eaten alive. He can't manage a clubhouse, can't execute, and to be frank, we thought he was a good communicator but he's had disasterous communication run-ins too. The rotations are terrible, the development is terrible, plays out of time out are terrible...he clearly can't get people to play hard, etc (not saying that is entirely his fault), but I literally see nothing positive about Fred.

He is one of the biggest disasters I can ever remember as a NBA head coach...and he gets paid 5M/yr.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 06:27 PM)
Rondo probably just didn't give a f***. Had something that was bothering him and worse comes to worse he somehow gets out of this mess. Win-win.

I honestly think Rondo is trying to get released so he can pick his team.