2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 08:57 PM)
Works for me.

Agreed, but I think we're dealing with both for 35 more games. After the last one, I would expect Paxson would fire Gar if JR doesn't fire everybody.

If I had to guess, Pax survives this.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 02:54 PM)
The Knicks are the Bulls East in so many different ways. LOL COmplete disarray with both org's right now.

Bleacher Report ‏@BleacherReport 9m9 minutes ago

More

Knicks have reportedly reached out to Celtics and Clippers about a trade for Carmelo Anthony.

They can't even give Carmelo away. How evolved has the game become that a past his prime yet hardly finished perennial all-star has been fazed out? Iso ball on offense is out and on D you have to be able to guard multiple positions. Carmelo can't even guard one position. #facepalm

In other news, best record or not, Warriors should not have 4 all stars, Gobert, KAT, Dame Lillard, and Conley are more deserving than Klay.

Nikola Jokic could be the best second round pick since Marc Gasol or Gil Arenas, at just 21 years old. Dude is already the complete package on offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 11:15 AM)
Maybe he'll say he's resigning.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaj kjkjkjkjk

I wish we could go back to the days of me and you arguing over the medical staff

simpler times

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 11:36 AM)
So wait, he just made a statement and took no questions??

edit: and the statement amounted to: we talked to the players that we're upset. Thanks and have a good day.

The fact he thought this was a good idea alone probably proves enough incompetence to the point where he shouldn't be in charge.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:52 AM)
The PR guy in me is just rolling my eyes. What an awful move.

If you aren't going to answer any questions, why not just issue a statement. I don't know what else he could have / should have said, but if you are going to put him out, you need to address questions, imo.