Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins 6/29/2016, Shields vs Nolasco, 7:

hi8is

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 03:41 AM)
With the Sox being out 8.5.. not sure if any moves are going to help them this season.

You do realize there are two wild card spots

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
You do realize there are two wild card spots

Yep and how many teams must they get over to get one.. they certainly can't stand pat.. but not sure if "going for it" will do them any good at all. Kind of moot we all know KW and crew will go all out to try.. even if its not possible.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
Sox can't stand pat. It will not cut it. Go make a couple trades.

Do you want them to blow it up or buy? Because the ever since they started losing you've wanted them to blow it up.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 03:48 AM)
Yep and how many teams must they get over to get one.. they certainly can't stand pat.. but not sure if "going for it" will do them any good at all. Kind of moot we all know KW and crew will go all out to try.. even if its not possible.

At 2 1/2 out you don't give up

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 03:00 AM)
At 2 1/2 out you don't give up

I think you have to give up cause we're not a playoff team. I'd at least get rid of Lawrie soon so Saladino can play every day. Call up Davidson see what he's got.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
Last year we were in a similar spot, about 4 games back in the WC at the deadline. Did we buy or sell? We did neither. There's no guarantee that we do something.

And that was the wrong choice. Sox have to pick one this year, especially with the injuries that are in the pen and line up.

If Sox stand pat, fans will be livid me included.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
And that was the wrong choice. Sox have to pick one this year, especially with the injuries that are in the pen and line up.

If Sox stand pat, fans will be livid me included.

Oh, I agree that it was a stupid choice. My point is, with this front office, you never know how dumb decision-making can get.

Last year was crazy. After acting like a contender at the deadline, the team promptly went in the tank, as if on cue.

Nothing like a hit batsman with the fans on their feet cheering for the final out. Horrible pitch.