07/02 GDT Sox at Astros

The Sir

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
Other than Abreu had had the best at bat of the inning.

Missing a couple hanging sliders and 90 mph fastballs down the middle isn't a good at bat.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:02 PM)
The worst part about the play at home plate was he did a Walter Payton dive over the catcher's head and landed on the plate on his hand. He could have easily broken his wrist.

That too...very, very dumb.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
What's the complete picture then? I see a team that year in year makes dumb mistakes (different players) and the manager just sits there and does nothing about from what I can tell and have read. As SSF pointed out it took the president coming down to try and settle things not Robin. Sure would've been nice to see Eaton getting his ass chewed or Robin at least talking to him after his two bonehead mistakes. Just from afar that's what it appears like. Sorry for being a fan who lives far away with no connections to this team. All I can see is what's on tv and stuff I can read.

It does the team no good to have the manager "chew a guy's ass" in public. I have no doubt it will be discussed after the game. If you are looking for a dugout fight, get ona guy's case when he is pissed he just screwed up and he knows it.

Ventura should have let KW handle the LaRoche case. As soon as the manager takes sides in a clubhouse he loses have the clubhouse and it makes it difficult to manage the team. Everyone can hate KW, he doesn't deal with the players on a daily basis.

Making judgments based on no information usually doesn't lead to the right conclusions. There are many reasons why the team can be playing the way they are. Making judgments based on absolutely no information only conjecture is fine if you want, my opinion is that it's not a good way to judge what's really going on.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:22 PM)
Hey I like winning. Do I want them to blow it up? Yes. I can still root for wins lol. Not rooting for losses. Losing sucks.

The Sox are flawed but so are the rest of the teams.

You win some and you lose some.

Reinforcements are on the way.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
The Sox are flawed but so are the rest of the teams.

You win some and you lose some.

Reinforcements are on the way.

Yes, they could have 3 new position players soon after the all star break.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)
Making judgments based on no information usually doesn't lead to the right conclusions. There are many reasons why the team can be playing the way they are. Making judgments based on absolutely no information only conjecture is fine if you want, my opinion is that it's not a good way to judge what's really going on.

None of us know what is really going on behind the scenes. We can only go by what we observe. But we're all entitled to our opinions, including you and SouthSideSale.