07/02 GDT Sox at Astros

The Sir

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
Sorry, I was commenting on the post that this club has too much of a country club atmosphere. Not sure what your post was about then.

I just answered your post about LaRoche. You brought up Laroche as an example to another poster who said it was like a country club. My point was that it took the GM to come in and settle a clubhouse issue.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
I just answered your post about LaRoche. You brought up Laroche as an example to another poster who said it was like a country club. My point was that it took the GM to come in and settle a clubhouse issue.

Got it. I though it was KW who did it and had the argument with Sale.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 04:58 PM)
Ah, so you're the one in the clubhouse who knew it. I knew someone was the insider.

Ah here we go with the you're not in the clubhouse so don't have an opinion. It just appears that way. These guys continue to make stupid mistake after stupid mistake and there's no consequences.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 04:52 PM)
Got a text an hour ago from my Astro's fan buddy saying "Lol Eaton is an idiot".

What did Adam do now?

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
1) Slipped and fell rounding third on a single to LF...decided to ignore the third base coach and still go home...got thrown out.

2) Man on first and second, no out (Eaton at second). Decides to steal third...gets thrown out.

He has been a bonehead today.

The worst part about the play at home plate was he did a Walter Payton dive over the catcher's head and landed on the plate on his hand. He could have easily broken his wrist.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)
Ah here we go with the you're not in the clubhouse so don't have an opinion. It just appears that way. These guys continue to make stupid mistake after stupid mistake and there's no consequences.

What's that got to do with a country club atmosphere? Maybe they are just dumb players if they continually make the same mistakes. You are making far too many assumptions without the complete picture.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
What's that got to do with a country club atmosphere? Maybe they are just dumb players if they continually make the same mistakes. You are making far too many assumptions without the complete picture.

What's the complete picture then? I see a team that year in year makes dumb mistakes (different players) and the manager just sits there and does nothing about from what I can tell and have read. As SSF pointed out it took the president coming down to try and settle things not Robin. Sure would've been nice to see Eaton getting his ass chewed or Robin at least talking to him after his two bonehead mistakes. Just from afar that's what it appears like. Sorry for being a fan who lives far away with no connections to this team. All I can see is what's on tv and stuff I can read.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
Who would you people say is the smartest baseball player on the team... maybe Saladino?

So far Anderson has shown some pretty good baseball IQ. He may be an overly aggressive hitter and not walk much but he really seems to understand the game as it goes along.