Multiple Dallas police officers shot at anti-police protest

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 07:19 AM)
The political climate including this presidential election is only making things worse unfortunately. I wish we could just reset

I seriously spent over two hours reading blogs about moving to Costa Rica and New Zealand last night. I just feel like I want to get away from this country and live somewhere else peacefully. :crying

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
I seriously spent over two hours reading blogs about moving to Costa Rica and New Zealand last night. I just feel like I want to get away from this country and live somewhere else peacefully. :crying

Because when all the good people leave, it'll surely get better for those left behind. It should be the other way around.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
I read that there was a black man found by hanging in Atlanta. Is this true? This s*** isnt going to stop even for a day.

They said there were no signs of a struggle and it was consistent with suicide.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
They said there were no signs of a struggle and it was consistent with suicide.

Hm kind of difficult to believe with the momentum of this race war that is going on right now.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
Hm kind of difficult to believe with the momentum of this race war that is going on right now.

Is it really a race war? Maybe I live in too diverse of a community to see the tension

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:06 AM)
Is it really a race war? Maybe I live in too diverse of a community to see the tension

I think its pretty obvious from whats going on right now. It may not have surfaced everywhere but its simmering in a lot of places and can come to a head anywhere at any time just like last night. Not trying to be dramatic but that is the truth of what is going on right now. Its pretty historic.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:21 AM)
I think its pretty obvious from whats going on right now. It may not have surfaced everywhere but its simmering in a lot of places and can come to a head anywhere at any time just like last night. Not trying to be dramatic but that is the truth of what is going on right now. Its pretty historic.

Eh it's still at least an order of magnitude less intense than what was going on in the 60's.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:21 AM)

Last night was awful, but compared to the 90s, much less the 60s, things have been peaceful and riots contained.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Eh it's still at least an order of magnitude less intense than what was going on in the 60's.

I agree, but you will never convince people of this.

Just like you can't show them statistics and show them that's is dramatically safer in the US than it's almost ever been because they'll choose to not believe them.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)
Exactly how I feel.

And anyone doing this is a f***ing twat. If those black friends of yours are doing that, by the way, they're not really your friends. They're acquaintances at best. And the same goes for white people who pretend to have black friends. That's all you are to them, that token they can point too and say, see...I have white friends , or see, I have black friends!

I grew up going to a dominantly Mexican grammar school and a very racially mixed high school, and I never looked at them as "black friends" or "Mexican friends", they were just people...just friends.

And this is all bulls***. I'm sick of it.

It's as silly as a white furred dog hating another dog because it has black fur, or visa versa.

It's.

THAT.

f***ing.

Silly.

I don't want to start a debate in light of current events, but this would only be true if the black furred dog was systematically oppressed for the better part of American history. This attitude is incredibly naive and borderline insulting.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:21 AM)
I don't want to start a debate in light of current events, but this would only be true if the black furred dog was systematically oppressed for the better part of throughout American history. This attitude is incredibly naive and borderline insulting.

FTFY

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Are you really condoning this monster and what he did?

How the hell do you get that from reading his post? Do you have multiple windows open, reading various sources at once, and are confused with something else that you've just read?

I deleted it. I thought you were trying to justify this guy's want for revenge.

edit: I had just read a bunch of morons on Twitter saying exactly that prior to reading your post.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

I think I might have a skewed view of current events going on by what I have read collectively on social media and the internet. I am hoping that we really arent as divided as those forums seem to strongly indicate.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
I think I might have a skewed view of current events going on by what I have read collectively on social media and the internet. I am hoping that we really arent as divided as those forums seem to strongly indicate.

I just came across this. Honestly it is a perfect statement of where we have gotten to as a country.

http://graphics.wsj.com/blue-feed-red-feed...dallas-shooting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)
I just came across this. Honestly it is a perfect statement of where we have gotten to as a country.

http://graphics.wsj.com/blue-feed-red-feed...dallas-shooting

When I just did that, the liberal feed was a bunch of news reports on who the shooter was, articles about how the Dallas PD is a model police force and about the man that police sent out initially (and incorrectly).

The conservative one is a bunch of breitbart articles about how Obama is terrible.

Yes, that is a pretty accurate statement of where we are.