Steve Pearce

Y2Jimmy0

I know the White Sox will be mentioned with Reddick, Bruce, etc in the coming weeks. If they miss out and even if they don't, Steve Pearce would be a great acquisition and probably won't cost a ton in return. He can play the OF and DH. He'd be the perfect platoon partner for Morneau. It's only 48 at-bats vs LHP but Pearce has 5 homers, a .514 wOBA, and a 233 wRC+. Overall, Pearce has a wRC+ of 153 with a .933 OPS. He'd be a great addition IMO.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
I know the White Sox will be mentioned with Reddick, Bruce, etc in the coming weeks. If they miss out and even if they don't, Steve Pearce would be a great acquisition and probably won't cost a ton in return. He can play the OF and DH. He'd be the perfect platoon partner for Morneau. It's only 48 at-bats vs LHP but Pearce has 5 homers, a .514 wOBA, and a 233 wRC+. Overall, Pearce has a wRC+ of 153 with a .933 OPS. He'd be a great addition IMO.

If there is nothing else, it wouldn't be bad, but I would be leery of a pretty big regression.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)

Interesting year from him. Hasn't played any OF and all IF positions except SS and C. Where would be fit in with the Sox ? DH platoon doesn't get him a lot of AB's . Put him back in the OF and IF as a supersub ? Scary having him in the OF but Sox have had bad OF's as backups all year.

He's probably going to be traded so wouldn't mind the Sox adding him if his OF defense is adequate.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
I'd actually prefer to trade for his inverse, Jon Jay.

Jay is a better fielder with less power, and left handed. Both are hurt now, though, which makes them tough to trade.

Wish they would have just given up a bit more and gotten Jay along with Shields in that trade.