Adam Engel - just promoted to AAA, and we interviewed him

NorthSideSox72

Adam Engel was just promoted to AAA Charlotte. By amazing coincidence (not really - we knew it was coming), we got an interview with him over the weekend just prior to his move. He went into detail on what he's changed recently, and we included some video of before and after to see his changes.

This is some exclusive stuff, and great work from Rob. Check it out here.

Nice to see him bounce back after that slow start in BHam earlier in the season. Looks like that stint in AFL isn't a fluke.

Would be nice if he fills the need as starting CF. Elite speed and defense along with decent OBP potential isn't a bad combination for this team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
Wow that's pretty aggressive

I have been told Sox like to reward a players hard work with promotions, and this an example of that. Adam has worked very hard to clean up his mechanics and he has been tearing up Birmingham recently. I think he is ready.

Good read. Talk about OF overload in Charlotte. I don't think I've ever seen that many active outfielders on any professional roster before.

Anyone get the feeling that his comments about trying new things from different people was aimed at Stevenson? Honestly wouldn't be surprised given how bad and slump-prone the Sox hitting has been since he's been here.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 07:27 PM)
Great stuff as I've come to expect from FS.

So what happens with May? Does May shift to LF or can we expect to see May with the Sox as a 4th outfielder?

Don't think his bat or arm profiles well enough to play a corner spot unfortunately. Might be one is the starter and the other is the 4th OFer. Not like Shuck is in either of their ways.