Matt Wieters

klaus kinski

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 11, 2017 -> 09:19 AM)
The guy who set a record for plate appearances and having 0 RBI. How do you make 141 plate appearances in a season and not get 1 RBI?

Yes him. He's good defensively and with pitchers. And would likely be cheap to acquire. Not sure we need a long term solution, and it's not like narvaez couldn't use more time in the minors. He made a huge jump.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 11, 2017 -> 06:07 PM)
That's good because I have some old rock n roll concert posters that need framing.

My wife frames her own stitching projects. She's an excellent framer. I'm not sure the Sox would pay the price though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 12, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
I wonder what offers for Weiters look like right now? If we are talking the cheap end, he is absolutely a guy worth taking a shot on.

I'm thinking he signs a 1 year below $10M maybe in the 7-8 range , even less if these execs. take pitch framing very seriously.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 01:55 PM)
FanRag Sports ‏@FanRagSports 12m12 minutes ago FanRag Sports Retweeted Anthony Gironda

jh: im not sure about hunter, but I hear the rays made an offer to wieters. As of now I don't believe they are the front runner.

He definitely makes sense for the Rays since Ramos is out a while and they can alternate each between C and DH.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 12:52 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 28m28 minutes ago Wieters' salary will be $10.5M each year year of the 2-year deal (but he can opt out after 1 year), once finalized. #nats

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 2h2 hours ago $5 million of the $21 million in Matt Wieters' deal with the Nationals is deferred.