2018-2019 Official NBA thread

They aren't calling him interim but he probably is until Iowa State's season ends.

Not that it would change their job status at all. , but isn't this move a can't win for GarPax? If they continue to play like this, their talent evaluation looks bad. If they actually improve,  wouldn't it be fair to say why did it take so long.

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Do tell 

Couldn't get the Embed code to actually work for ESPN video.

Anyway, it's basically Stephen A saying that around the league Hoiberg was viewed as a nice  guy but still unprepared for coaching at this level and that he never really had the respect of players around the league. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Couldn't get the Embed code to actually work for ESPN video.

Anyway, it's basically Stephen A saying that around the league Hoiberg was viewed as a nice  guy but still unprepared for coaching at this level and that he never really had the respect of players around the league. 

Jimmy called him out in what, early December of his first season?  He never got past that

Well Im scared whenever Stephen A Smith agrees with me. 

Another problem that bothered me with Hoiberg was that he never really seemed to get at the refs to protect his players. Carter has been the refs whipping boy for a lot of games, and I dont think Hoiberg ever once got technical for it. Stacey King was more upset.

(edit)

Itll be interesting to see what Boylen does. He has coached with some famous coaches. 

Edited by Soxbadger

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Well Im scared whenever Stephen A Smith agrees with me. 

At least for me, I figured that clip was him being the "average NBA player's voice" and when he says the average NBA player doesn't respect Hoiberg, I believe them, because he talks to enough average NBA players to be able to say that confidently. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

At least for me, I figured that clip was him being the "average NBA player's voice" and when he says the average NBA player doesn't respect Hoiberg, I believe them, because he talks to enough average NBA players to be able to say that confidently. 

haha I know. I was just making a joke about Stephen A Smith. 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Do tell

Cowley asked him why Gar wasn't speaking, because it was his guy and his hire.   Sierra Santos was trying to get Pax to explain why wins don't matter yet we are letting Fred go without allowing him time with his full team.  At the end Pax was not happy 

Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but is the fact that it is Boylan for the longer term mean that basically GarPax have this one shot and if it doesn't work, they are all gone.  Either way, while the timing was odd, I think everyone knows enough to see Hoiberg is not an amazing head coach and I can totally buy the comments from Stephan A Smith (regarding players not thinking that highly of Fred).  

He is a class act though.  

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I hope we all enjoy Boylen!   We have him next year too!

They will give him every opportunity to succeed minus a roster that could succeed.  Someone needs to tell them that is the most important part, and if Boykin is the answer, why wasn’t this move made last year? Theoretically they could have lost him as he interviewed with MJ.

Pax gave Jabari Parker $20 million and thought he could play the 3. It is time he doesn’t make decisions anymore.

Edited by Dick Allen

Until they get rid of GarPax, any other move is just window dressing. They aren’t winning a thing. They got close when they got DRose against all odds. But still really had no shot. 

They need to bring in someone dynamic. Pay them a ton, they will be worth it. You won’t have to pay for bad players. You won’t be paying ex coaches. 

It is mindboggling how Gar and Pax get away with this. Bulls fans fill that arena all the time, and pay a premium price to do it, they are owed better. There should be notice given to these 2, yes you are 5-19, but make the playoffs or you are done.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Or recommended Marquis Teague over Draymond Green. 

How about things like refusing to negotiate with Omer Asik until he was an RFA and losing him because he was given a heavy backloaded contract offer that the Bulls couldn't match