Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

4 hours ago, lostfan said:

I was gonna say 4-6 weeks (I broke my toe earlier this year)

It wasn't the toe. It's the metatarsal. It's the longer bone on the side of the foot leading up to the toe. It can end careers. The bone is very important for balance and support while cutting.

Keith Byars (for us old people) broke his 3 times and they tried bone grafts and it never healed to the point he could p,at again.

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Carson Wentz has a fractured back

He has a fracture in one of his vertebrae. It isn't necessarily a big deal unless it's near the spinal cord or near one of the tips where the muscles attach. If it's where one of the muscles attach it can just hurt when he moves especially in rotation. They aren't weight bearing bones so there isn't a great deal of stress there.

25 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

And supposedly a scan from a few weeks ago revealed it but the Eagles personnel didn’t inform him

Not a good idea not to tell him. However, if it's not an important area as I described above, it's not that big of a deal. He just couldn't play with the pain it caused.

It's kind of like having a fractured rib. you can play with them as long as it isn't in certain areas.

I will also say well done to Mitch. I thought he played a real clean game. Too bad we got too cute on a couple 3rd or 4th and shorts or they could have had a few more scores maybe. We should have kept feeding Howard. They kind of messed with the role he had going...but nice defensive performance and a solid offensive performance. 

16 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Trubisky was good.

Floyd was really good.

Mack was great.

DA BEARS

Floyd has played real well since he got his hand back to 100 percent. I think you have to pick up that 5th year option (even though it will be expensive). He’s such an explosive athlete and plays run and pass so well. Nice that he’s also getting more pressures and sacks too. 

So I have a question about the clock at the end of the game.

Floyd sacks Rodgers with 15 seconds to go, but there's an offensive penalty. Clock stops, but there is no runoff and the clock doesn't start running again once the ball is set.

That can't be correct, right? Otherwise an offensive penalty would give you a free timeout.