southsider2k5

'''NFL Thread '2019-'2020 THIS IS ''''THE BEARS' YEAR!

Teams can start talking to players now, right? 

I guess it's noon today.  Should be crazy.

Sounds like the Bears and Packers have interest in Mark Ingram.

Edited by GoSox05

20 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Teams can start talking to players now, right? 

I guess it's noon today.  Should be crazy.

Sounds like the Bears and Packers have interest in Mark Ingram.

Today is the beginning of the "tampering but it's ok tampering and we won't call it tampering" period

I hope if they end up signing Ingram they end up pairing him with  a rookie back. Tbh I prefer Yeldon. Cheaper and younger. 

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hope if they end up signing Ingram they end up pairing him with  a rookie back. Tbh I prefer Yeldon. Cheaper and younger. 

He will be paired with Cohen

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

He will be paired with Cohen

Cohen is a gadget player/athlete. They need someone who can carry the load if the starter gets injured. Cohen isn't going to get 15+ carries per game. He'll get his 10 carries and 5-10 catches. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cohen is a gadget player/athlete. They need someone who can carry the load if the starter gets injured. Cohen isn't going to get 15+ carries per game. He'll get his 10 carries and 5-10 catches. 

Nagy isn't going to split time with three backs like you think he will.   He will be in the backfield a lot next year sharing time with either a free agent or rookie

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nagy isn't going to split time with three backs like you think he will.   He will be in the backfield a lot next year sharing time with either a free agent or rookie

If said FA/rookie gets injured then what? They need the 3rd back for injury insurance. If they're left with Cohen/Mizzell you can kiss any semblance of a run game goodbye. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

35 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If said FA/rookie gets injured then what? They need the 3rd back for injury insurance. If they're left with Cohen/Mizzell you can kiss any semblance of a run game goodbye. 

You can fight it all you want but Cohen is gonna be a feature.  You can't insure your backs 4 deep, especially the bears right now. They are gonna be getting someone to split time with Cohen

34 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Ingram is out short term, Cohen and whoever the 3rd stringer is can handle the RB duty in a pinch. If he's out long term, you bring in another FA. No need to spend additional resource on a backup RB if we sign Ingram.

Malik Jackson to Philly- 3 years, $30M

Trent Brown to Oakland- 4 years, $66M :blink:

Pelissero says the Bears are interested in Corrdarelle Patterson

Mathieu has been offered a long term deal in Houston in excess of $9.5M/year

Allbright says the Bears want Callahan back over Amos

Welp, the Coleman and Collins deals really screwed the Bears. Amos and Callahan will both get paid more than we wanted. 

You just have to hope that Amos/Callahan aren't on that first tier of guys. If I'm the Bears, I'm waiting for free agency vs. being aggressive in free agency at this point.  

Nick Foles just got paiiiiiiiiid....

Edited by SoxAce

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

Welp, the Coleman and Collins deals really screwed the Bears. Amos and Callahan will both get paid more than we wanted. 

I'm hoping Amos comes in priced around Vaccarro's 4/26.5M deal. I'm also hoping Callahan comes in less than Coleman due to injury.

But I know I'll be wrong. :mellow:

That is ridiculous money for those players. Basically every contract on this page.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I can't imagine he's getting a big pay day? Is he?