Sox vs Indians 12:10 CST Banuelos vs Carrasco

Kyyle23

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

That is the post of the year, maybe the decade! Very perceptive and it makes total sense to do what you say. Madrigal went to college; Robert is ready and Collins is more than ready. If they hit .040, big deal. No reason to not let them sink or swim. People scoff at baseball's unwritten rules. A front office unwritten rule is (still) to never rush a guy. I am saying players don't need all this minor league seasoning. I mean you said it all. ... Yonder LOL; Yolmer LOL and Wellington LOL. Bring up the kids. It matters not if they hit .120. 

(I'm not that mad but kind of upset we win the first two then only split the series). Would be nice to continue to split series on the road, though. If we do that we could sniff .480 this season.

I'm just glad you're a fan and not an actual decision maker for the team.  How does it not matter if they are literal black holes in the lineup batting .040 or .120?  How is it beneficial for their development if they're getting destroyed at the major league level?  This team was NOTORIOUS for rushing prospects because of need, which failed MISERABLY (outside of Sale, who is a freak).  Why fall back into old habits that were obviously foolish when it's 100% unnecessary at the moment?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'm just glad you're a fan and not an actual decision maker for the team.  How does it not matter if they are literal black holes in the lineup batting .040 or .120?  How is it beneficial for their development if they're getting destroyed at the major league level?  This team was NOTORIOUS for rushing prospects because of need, which failed MISERABLY (outside of Sale, who is a freak).  Why fall back into old habits that were obviously foolish when it's 100% unnecessary at the moment?  

Good take.

• Haha 1

New one for me , how long into a game does the result stand if it is postponed ? Cricket is always a draw ofc there are no draws in Baseball , Soccer is replayed .

I think 

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Good take.

I think every situation is different. Living in New England , i saw the Red Sox promote Benintendi and Moncada at the same time from AA a few years ago.  One flourished and the other sunk. Now 3 years later, hopefully Moncada has adjusted.  Benintendi has been pretty solid since he arrived. 

14 hours ago, SI1020 said:

Thank you. Not the only pointless or at least highly flawed newer stat.

Maybe in the short term, but you can't say with an unbalanced schedule that the White Sox play as tough of a schedule as Toronto. There are some really bad teams in baseball. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic