2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

6 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I never want to get ahead of anything, but death by a thousand cuts is somewhat fitting.

I know there are more important races, but the narrative of Detroit showing up to put the team on it's back rules. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 2

I'm listening to an interview from Detroit and I'm a little lost for answer.

If this election is about race how did we go from reelecting Obama to perhaps reelecting Trump? Which voters flipped and why?

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm listening to an interview from Detroit and I'm a little lost for answer.

If this election is about race how did we go from reelecting Obama to perhaps reelecting Trump? Which voters flipped and why?

Rust belt workers who felt betrayed by Clinton and her husband's trade deals that sunk their jobs.  I am convinced a likable candidate with substantive policy would have beat Trump in 2016 and crushed him 2020.

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Hopefully it's jumping ship and not a SecDef being unwilling to carry out whatever crazy ass plan he might have. 

The thought that anyone could say that seriously is scary.

Just read something on Twitter about how different states handle mail-in votes vs day-of votes.  If every state had counted mail-in and early votes first, things would look very different.  The results would be the same, but if Biden ends up winning PA, GA, AZ, and NV in addition to WI and MI, the race could have been called as early as late Tuesday or early Wednesday.  As it is, Biden's performance was looking underwhelming.  Everything is counted right away, his performance looks pretty good if he takes three of PA, GA, AZ, and NV.