Rodon

Flash

Seriously? Just the word debridement should be enough, meaning the removal of that which is causing damage and preventing healing, not the thing itself. Foreign loose bodies of either infectious material or bone, cartilage or fibrous material

14 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Seriously? Just the word debridement should be enough, meaning the removal of that which is causing damage and preventing healing, not the thing itself. Foreign loose bodies of either infectious material or bone, cartilage or fibrous material

And in this case it was the bursa. Everything else was deemed to he normal.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

And in this case it was the bursa. Everything else was deemed to he normal.

No if the bursa were removed it wouldn’t be called debridement. Debridement is the removal of objects causing damage. A bursa cannot cause damage to itself. If there were nothing to debride, the bursa wouldn’t be damaged in the first place. Your claim is completely nonsensical.To claim Rodon is pitching without a bursa in his shoulder and that sources like mercy hospital is lying  is straight up outlandish. So I gave academic sources to prove my point which you’ve ignored. Here’s another source:

“If the condition becomes chronic, however, the inflamed bursa sac may be surgically removed and, over time, a new one will form in its place.”

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/injuries/bursitis-and-shoulder-bursitis

So even if he did have a bursectomy as you claim without support of evidence, as Ive shown via numerous sources, he still would after heaLing have a reformed bursa, contrary to your unsupported claim that “bursae don’t grow back.” Either way you’re wrong in your contention Rodon is pitching without a bursa, which is a ludicrous claim

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

@Vultureyou picked a really weird hill to die on I gotta say, bizarre

I don’t think refuting outlandish unsupported claims is a weird hill in light of the question of Rodon’s health related to the prospects of resigning him. If Rodon had no bursa he wouldn’t be pitching. Simple as that. The facts speak for themselves

Edited by Vulture

Further: 

“Rodon underwent shoulder surgery at the hands of the California-based surgeon, but it revealed only severe bursitis. I cross-checked the descriptions of the event against John Danks’ procedure, and the only word in common was “debridement.” Aside from clearing out the scar tissue to address the inflammation, it didn’t involve his labrum, rotator cuff or shoulder capsule.”

Yes, an explanation that conforms to the actual meaning of debridement.

https://www.southsidesox.com/2017/9/29/16384000/carlos-rodons-shoulder-at-top-of-rick-hahns-season-summary

20 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I don’t think refuting outlandish unsupported claims is a weird hill in light of the question of Rodon’s health related to the prospects of resigning him. If Rodon had no bursa he wouldn’t be pitching. Simple as that. The facts speak for themselves

Many pitchers are pitching with missing many tissues in their shoulders. Once they have a surgery the anatomy is never normal again.

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Further: 

“Rodon underwent shoulder surgery at the hands of the California-based surgeon, but it revealed only severe bursitis. I cross-checked the descriptions of the event against John Danks’ procedure, and the only word in common was “debridement.” Aside from clearing out the scar tissue to address the inflammation, it didn’t involve his labrum, rotator cuff or shoulder capsule.”

Yes, an explanation that conforms to the actual meaning of debridement.

https://www.southsidesox.com/2017/9/29/16384000/carlos-rodons-shoulder-at-top-of-rick-hahns-season-summary

And what tissue was chronically inflamed that it became scar tissue and needed to be removed..........the bursa. It says it right in your explanation.

Just now, ptatc said:

Many pitchers are pitching with missing many tissues in their shoulders. Once they have a surgery the anatomy is never normal again.

Sure but as I’ve clearly demonstrated Rodon is not pitching without a bursa as you claimed with support of false facts like “bursae don’t grow back” and “ Rodon had his bursa removed.”

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

And what tissue was chronically inflamed that it became scar tissue and needed to be removed..........the bursa. It says it right in your explanation.

Scar tissue is not a bursa. This is getting more and more ludicrous. The scar tissue was removed from contact with the bursa to stop inflammation of the bursa. That is what debridement means. If the bursa were removed how could it continue to be inflamed? Completely non sensical

Edited by Vulture

21 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Scar tissue is not a bursa. This is getting more and more ludicrous. The scar tissue was removed from contact with the bursa to stop inflammation of the bursa. That is what debridement means. If the bursa were removed how could it continue to be inflamed? Completely non sensical

Scar tissue doesn't just form from nothing. Some tissue that is already there has to be injured to from a scar. In this case it's the bursa. There is no other tissue in the subacromial area that would from into scar tissue if the rotator cuff and labrum are normal. 

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What the heck is going on in this thread?

I was trying to explain what happened to Rodons shoulder and why he may be a risk for an extended contract and it got really weird.