1. 1. Where do you believe the White Sox Payroll Opens up at in 2022

• Less than 165,000,000
    • 165,000,000-175,000,000
    • 175,000,001-185,000,000
    • 185,000,001-195,000,000
    • 195,000,001-205,000,000
    • 205,000,001+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2022 at 05:11 PM

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I’m thinking 180-190 at least.  If the Sox are ever going to spend (and I think they will, as they have in the past when Jerry really believed the team was a contender) it’s now.  They’re squarely in their contention window and neither TLR nor Jerry is getting any younger.  

This.  Sox are already at $160M with Kimbrel and assuming Cesar is bought out.  I don't see how they can't be in the $175-$190M+ range if they're serious about winnings.  Even the lower end of that is really only possible if you find takers for Kimbrel and Keuchel.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

This.  Sox are already at $160M with Kimbrel and assuming Cesar is bought out.  I don't see how they can't be in the $175-$190M+ range if they're serious about winnings.  Even the lower end of that is really only possible if you find takers for Kimbrel and Keuchel.  

Cesar doesn't have a buyout. 

6 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Clearly

Lol. What are you trying to prove here? The $160M figure quoted was not including Cesar’s $6M 22 option. So yes, clearly. But thanks for the needless terminology lesson. 

Edited by ChiSox59

I was originally expecting around $170M, but based on some recent comments here I’m going with something around $180M.  Could it be higher than that?  Theoretically yes, but I’m not banking on it until it actually happens.  Hopefully Jerry realizes now is the time to spend and perhaps his unfortunate loss of his wife has shown him he may not have a ton more time to win another championship.  Time to go big or go home.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol. What are you trying to prove here? The $160M figure quoted was not including Cesar’s $6M 22 option. So yes, clearly. But thanks for the needless terminology lesson. 

Right? And even if there is a buyout, that would be like $500k or a mill. Not much money for an MLB team to even worth factoring in.

• Thanks 1