6/20 Games

BamaDoc

• bmags pinned this topic
10 hours ago, bmags said:

Godwin Bennett hit 2 HRs which is kinda nuts. 19 y.o. Who was pretty bad last year.

Not that bad. Strikes out an awful lot but good OBP, SLG and OPS plus 9 stolen bases in 33 games.  1hr / 21 AB . I just have to assume that fast, with power and a good eye can be worked with though walk rates are probably high with many pitcher so can't always know for sure how good of an eye he really has.

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not that bad. Strikes out an awful lot but good OBP, SLG and OPS plus 9 stolen bases in 33 games.  1hr / 21 AB . I just have to assume that fast, with power and a good eye can be worked with though walk rates are probably high with many pitcher so can't always know for sure how good of an eye he really has.

Ah yeah I must have read his slugging as his OPS. Not a great sign he repeated DSL but he’s making the most of it now.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Loidel making a mockery of DSL currently

Is Chapelli required to stay in the DSL for a set amount of time this season?  He's 20 YO, so I don't think a stateside assignment in a month or so would be crazy.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Is Chapelli required to stay in the DSL for a set amount of time this season?  He's 20 YO, so I don't think a stateside assignment in a month or so would be crazy.  

Not familiar with the exact tax code, but it seems like the calendar year by the past behavior of players in similar situations.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Not familiar with the exact tax code, but it seems like the calendar year by the past behavior of players in similar situations.

Sucks to have a tax situation potentially impact a players development, but I get it from the players perspective.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sucks to have a tax situation potentially impact a players development, but I get it from the players perspective.  

I think in the long run, it will be fine.  And if it allows us to sign more players, more power to the Internional team.

• bmags unpinned this topic