If you had to choose Twins or Guardians

caulfield12

5 hours ago, Texsox said:

Playoffs are just fake drama. 162 games are meaningless once you add any type of playoff. What difference does it make if it's two teams or twelve? You just decided a team with a worse record could be the champion. Unless there is a tie there is nothing to playoff. Play a balanced season against every MLB team and the team with the most wins is the champion. 

I agree with you if the playoff series are 3 or 5 games. It’s so damned stupid and it always comes down to one great starter having one bad inning or one offense going cold for one game. 

I would do a radical solution: shorten the season to 148 games, have 16 teams get in, and have the first two series 7 games and the last two 9. I like playoffs, but let’s make the series actually long enough so that the corrections even out. That’s just me though.

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, caulfield12 said:

Even if you combined the Sox Royals and TigerI into a "megateam", you still might not beat the Yankees Astros and Blue Jays when they're hot offensively.

This is intriguing. I wonder if an AL Central All-Star team could beat the Yankees and Astros and win it all this season? I imagine Cease and Bieber would be your top 2 starters. Who would be the manager, Franconia or Hinch?

19 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

This is intriguing. I wonder if an AL Central All-Star team could beat the Yankees and Astros and win it all this season? I imagine Cease and Bieber would be your top 2 starters. Who would be the manager, Franconia or Hinch?

Buxton

Arraez/Abreu

Jose Ramirez

Carlos Correa/Anderson

Josh Naylor

Andres Gimenez 2B

Luis Robert RF

Haase or MJ Melendez C

Benintendi LF

Witt, Jr. 

Joe Ryan

McKenzie/Bieber

Kopech/Cueto

Emmanuel Clase

Dylan Cease

Andrew Chafin

Hendriks/Graveman

Jhoan Duran

Gregory Soto

Tarik Skubal

Singer Staumont Barlow

Edited by caulfield12
  • Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Tony La Russa is a legitimate Hall of Famer, brother, and has earned the right to manage and name the team's coaching staff. However, ownership has voted 4-1 that he cannot name the roster or lineup, as it would include Leury and others of questionable ability.

Lineup: DH T. Anderson LF L. Robert 3B J. Ramirez CF B. Buxton SS C. Correa 1B J. Abreu C S. Perez 2B A. Gimenez RF M. Kepler

Bench: INF LF L. Arraez 3B  SS B. Witt 2B J. Polanco MJ Melandez

Rotation: D. Cease; S. Bieber; T. Skubal; J. Ryan; T. McKenzie

Bullpen:  E. Clase; 8 L. Hendriks; 7 R. Lopez; RP A. Chafin; J. Duran; M. Fulmer; E. Morgan; T. Stephan

8 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I agree with you if the playoff series are 3 or 5 games. It’s so damned stupid and it always comes down to one great starter having one bad inning or one offense going cold for one game. 

I would do a radical solution: shorten the season to 148 games, have 16 teams get in, and have the first two series 7 games and the last two 9. I like playoffs, but let’s make the series actually long enough so that the corrections even out. That’s just me though.

That could be fun.